Office Tour Photos
Wayfair Advanced Analytics & Insights is the engine that powers an enterprise obsessed with data. The Wayfair family of websites generates over 100M clicks from the millions of customers that visit our sites every day to discover and purchase home goods. The Advanced Analytics & Insights team is focused on understanding and optimizing customer behavior as a key enabler for the company to move fast and iterate quickly on big business problems. The team provides critical data (via visualization, analysis and optimization) to the business partners to drive strategic and tactical decisions across our business.
As the Manager for Platforms & Services Analytics, your goal is to unlock insights to guide the business in: developing a world class authentication platform; methods for preventing cyber criminals from gaining access to users accounts; and building the fastest ecommerce experience on the internet. This requires a multidisciplinary blend of analytical experience, strong technical aptitude, and business acumen - all applied in tandem to make our sites a paragon of speed and security with a frictionless user experience. This is a highly visible position responsible for directly leading a team of analysts to understand how our web platforms influence consumer behavior.
This is a perfect opportunity for an analytics leader seeking to make an impact on the customer experience through unlocking the power of cutting edge website architecture and infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have a combination of leadership skills to develop and grow a high-performing team, as well as the technical aptitude to understand the cross section of website and analytics technology. The (Sr.)Manager of Platforms & Services Analytics would work cross functionally with other leaders and analysts across product management, engineering, data science and creative.
What You'll Do
- Influence Director+ leadership across the organization in decisions around our website and platforms infrastructure.
- Collaborate with Data Science, Infrastructure, and other Analytics teams on developing scalable measurement strategies for site speed and its influence on consumer behavior.
- Work with product managers and engineers to develop the roadmap for the future of authentication, incorporating new technology such as biometrics and WebAuthn authentication standards.
- Develop data driven strategies for fraud prevention and increased account security for our customers.
- Proactively identify areas where analytical efforts can produce a strong business value add and setting the analytics road map.
- Communicate key insights and recommendations to cross-functional executive leaders across the organization.
- Hire, manage, and mentor junior and senior analysts. Ensuring the team is being challenged, coached, exposed to new opportunities, and learning, while still being able to deliver on ambitious goals.
- Lead your team of junior and senior analysts in driving the testing and insights agenda.
What You'll Need
- Experience with SQL (incl. Aggregate functions, joins, etc.) or structured computer programming language(s) (e.g. Python, Java, R, SAS).
- Experience with experimental design and/or statistical analysis to drive business decision making
- Bachelors in computer science, engineering, economics, statistics, MIS, or other quantitative discipline, Masters preferred, or 3+ years experience leading an analytics or technically focused team.
- Experience with visualization tools (e.g., Looker, Data Studio) or BI software (SSAS, Microstrategy, Cognos). Experience in working with large and complex SQL databases, experience with GBQ is a plus.
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills and technical abilities along with problem solving skills
- Demonstrated success influencing senior level stakeholders on strategic direction based on recommendations backed by in-depth analysis; Strong written and verbal communication.
- Prior experience proactively identifying areas where analytical efforts can produce a strong business value add
- Experience designing and implementing highly visible, complex, and innovative analytical solutions
- Experience in mentoring and developing a team of technically-savvy analysts.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From