As a vital member of the content team, the Acquisitions Editor collaborates with fellow editors and our subject matter experts to identify, acquire and curate learning content that meets our standards. The Acquisitions Editor is responsible for shaping and executing on the content strategy for the Systems Engineering/ IT space with a focus on addressing the learning and development needs of our audiences. Formats for content are limitless but currently include video, online training courses, in-person conferences, infographics, in-person trainings, blog posts, books, and audio content.
The Acquisitions Editor works with other members of the content team and product, production, marketing and sales teams to offer content that delivers on our learning promise. Were a fast-paced, smart, collaborative team that enjoys working together to meet the needs of our continuous learner audience.
- Execute on a content strategy for the platform that includes a mix of video, live training, audio, and text
- Work closely with various internal departments; editorial, product, and production staff; and externally, with talent
- Collaborate with sales and our enterprise customers to identify and develop custom content
- Demonstrate effective project management of multiple titles/projects and ensure that all projects release on time and within budget
- Identify problem areas in content and recommend solutions
- Build and manage relationships for our talent network
- Develop intimate knowledge of content in the platform
- Understand enterprise learning and training needs
- Serve as internal subject matter expert for assigned topic areas
- Support sales and marketing with detailed content information during the marketing and sales processes.
You are a continuous learner, self-starter and problem solver with strong acquisitions, curation, and relationship management skills. Familiarity or willingness to learn the subject matter domains is essential to your success. Your ability to execute on content strategy through collaboration is vital to your success. We encourage strong opinions loosely held.
- Strong editorial and project management skills
- Strong written, presentation, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to unravel particularly thorny content problems
- Ability to discern what makes a good learning experience, both in terms of audience and market requirements and the quality of a proposal
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
- Ability to write clearly and accurately on technical subject matter
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, talent, product, design, production, sales and content colleagues
- Ability to maintain high professional standards in interacting with othersinside and outside of the companyat all times
- A strong interest in building learning content and training materials.
- 5+ years experience in an editorial role acquiring content
- 4-year college degree in education, English, instructional design, communications, publishing, computer science, or other relevant field, or a combination of education and experience
- Experience developing text and other training content formats including video, audio, and in-person training.
More Jobs From