Acquisition Marketing Lead (VP/Sr. Director-level)
Who we are
BookBub is one of the fastest-growing consumer tech startups in Boston (and were profitable). Millions of readers use BookBub every day to find great books, and our service empowers thousands of leading publishers and authors to drive sales and find new fans. Were expanding our team to address the challenges and opportunities of the publishing industry while continuing to help readers find books and authors theyll love. Learn more about what to expect working at BookBub.
About the position
BookBub is looking for an experienced performance marketer to lead the marketing team that generates new customer growth from a variety of paid and organic channels. This is a leadership role (VP or Sr. Director-level, or equivalent) that will oversee strategy and execution for all consumer acquisition marketing programs and ensure that we meet our big growth goals. We run all our marketing campaigns with a data-driven approach and assess each channel and campaign based on clear ROI targets and are always looking for creative ways to attract book-lovers to BookBub. This role will lead an established team of marketers and find new ways to increase their success as well as add new skills to the team.
- Deliver acquisition initiatives and campaigns across PPC, display, social, and other channels
- Manage and mentor a team of acquisition marketers
- Lead forecasting and budget management for all acquisition channels
- Maintain and improve a testing and optimization approach and work cross-functionally to optimize conversion rates at every step of the funnel
- Measure and report important metrics and regularly share results and insights
- Stay abreast of industry developments and adjust as needed
- Continually evaluate and test a full spectrum of performance media channels, partners, and emerging platforms
Ideal candidates for this position will have:
- Experience in marketing at a consumer, high-growth company with experience in digital performance media, including paid social media channels, paid search, SEO, programmatic display, video advertising, and affiliate marketing
- Experience leading a marketing team to develop and scale B2C campaigns
- Experience developing and managing high-performing teams
- Ability to think and act strategically, while also rolling up your sleeves to be hands-on as needed
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and distill it to solve problems and give actionable recommendations
- Experience working with web analytics, A/B testing tools, campaign management platforms, 3rd party ad servers, and tag management solutions
- Expertise in data visualization tools such as Looker, ClikView or Tableau
BookBub offers competitive benefit options including medical, dental, vision, 401k, generous paid parental leave, and take-what-you-need paid time off.
Your interview experience
Our goal is to create an environment where you can interview at your best. If we can provide any assistance or accommodations during your time with us, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests are treated as privately as possible and have no impact on candidate eligibility.
BookBub strives to be an inclusive workplace and we value learning from different perspectives. We seek to foster an environment filled with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.