Office Tour Photos
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for reviewing and preparing invoices for payment in accordance with company policies as well as interacting with internal employees and external vendors to resolve problems with invoices. This fast-paced position requires strong organizational and communication skills, as well as a strong sense of urgency.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Work alongside other Accounts Payable Specialists to manage Accounts Payable inboxes
- Manage external vendor relationships
- Act as an internal resource in answering questions regarding the Purchase Order Workflow
- Process invoices and ensure appropriate General Ledger coding
- Obtain appropriate invoice and payment approvals for Sarbanes Oxley compliance through the Purchase Order workflow
- Manage Open Purchase Order and Vendor Bill listings and follow up on late approvals to increase AP efficiency
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Assist with weekly domestic and international vendor payment runs
- Assist with the quarterly reviews and annual audits with external auditors
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them
- Demonstrated leadership capability in cross-functional team environments
- Having and being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important
- A Bachelor's degree with at least one year of AP experience
- Experience with Foreign Accounts Payable a plus
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word; Netsuite experience a plus
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to adhere to deadlines
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and detail-oriented environment
Carbonite provides a complete Data Protection Platform for businesses and the IT professionals who serve them. From backup and disaster recovery to data migration, high availability and endpoint protection, our flexible solutions can be tailored to meet the data protection needs of any business.
Carbonite solutions are strengthened by our outstanding team members and through strategic acquisitions—like our purchase of leading endpoint protection provider Mozy Inc., and high availability specialist DoubleTake Software. Our laser focus on security and our track record of meeting customers' unique requirements are two more reasons why businesses around the globe depend on Carbonite.
Carbonite is made up of over 1,000 smart and dedicated individuals who work at locations all over the world. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. With our robust Data Protection Platform, we are well-positioned in a rapidly growing market. We're currently looking for talented people to join the Carbonite team both in the U.S. and globally. Are you ready to grow with us?
Carbonite, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Upon request, accommodations will be made available during the recruitment process for applicants with a disability. If you require accommodations, we will work with you to provide or arrange for the provision of suitable accommodations wherever possible. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
More Jobs From