Accounting Manager (Summer 2019)
Wayfairs Finance group is constantly growing! We're planning ahead and kicking off a new search to grow our accounting leadership team in the Spring of 2019. As the Account Manager, you will sit on the financial reporting team within the Wayfair Finance Department. This is a fast scaling position and will be able to offer a lot of career progression at a growing public company. This is a dynamic role and offers exposure to many areas of accounting and finance.
As the financial reporting team, we are responsible for the preparation of our financial statements and ensure these are in compliance with US GAAP. We work collaboratively with other areas of the business to properly report the consolidated balance sheets and income statement to management monthly as well as public filings quarterly and annually.
What Youll Do:
- You will act a key player driving our month-end close process
- You will ensure accruals and month-end estimates are accurate and complete and prepare monthly ad-hoc financial reporting for senior management
- You will analyze monthly balance sheet and income statement account variances and prepare and review the reconciliation of various general ledger accounts
- You will work with external auditors and prepare audit workpapers as requested
- You will take the lead to recommend and implement best practices regarding accounting policies and procedures
- You will examine and research emerging accounting and reporting issues to ensure company is in compliance with US GAAP
- You will work with the Director of Accounting and Senior Accounting Manager to identify ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of financial reporting and assist in initiatives to implement improvements
- You will assist with the ongoing implementation of Sarbanes Oxley. Promote and maintain an effective internal control environment
- You will manage, develop, and mentor an entry level member of the financial reporting team
What Youll Need:
- 2+ years of public accounting experience and 5+ years of accounting experience overall
- Bachelors degree in Accounting; CPA certification preferred
- You are organized, self-motivated, and able to succeed in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills and youre a team player.
- You have solid analytical & critical thinking skills and demonstrated experience in translating financial concepts to individuals at all levels, including finance and non-finance managers
- Youre a fast learner and able to pick up new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards