Office Tour Photos
As the Accounting Manager, you will manage a team of up to 5 accountants and have ownership over the full accounting function of multiple legal entities in the US and Canada.
As Accounting Manager your responsibilities will be to further improve processes and accounting procedures. Additionally, developing a high performing accounting team will be key to success as well as working closely with local Management to reinforce and develop solid business practices. Communication skills, integrity, attention to detail and an ability to multi-task in a high growth company are crucial for this role.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage a team of junior and senior accountants
- Manage monthly and quarterly legal reporting
- Overseeing and helping complete all aspects of financial accounting including journal entry preparation, cash & treasury management, prepaid expenses, accruals, fixed asset accounting, inter-company invoicing and other general ledger account postings on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Preparing periodic management reporting, including actual vs budget analysis and other reports as required
- Generating supporting schedules and reconciliations to accompany the companys financial statements
- Continuously improving, streamlining and developing best practice with regards to accounting and management reporting
- Supporting the VP of Finance and other departments on accounting issues, daily accounting tasks and other business decisions
- Contacts with external consultants and auditors
- Maintaining all accounting records and general ledgers including legal, banking, government and regulatory filings
- Supporting on a variety of ad-hoc projects and analysis
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of four years professional experience, CPA strongly preferred
- Prior team management experience
- Solid understanding of accounting, including payable/receivable procedures, controls, fixed asset accounting, cost/revenue projections and tax.
- Ability to prioritize and deliver tangible results within specific timelines
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to work efficiently at all levels of the organization
- Passion for working in an exciting fast paced and changing environment
- Highly proficient with financial systems and software
About EF Education First:
EF is the worlds largest international education company providing life-changing educational experiences to create global citizens. We offer millions of people the opportunity to learn a language, travel abroad, experience another culture or earn an academic degree. Since 1965, EFs mission has been opening the world through education. Our 52,000 employees have a worldwide presence in over 600 schools and offices within 50 countries.
For more information about our career opportunities, visit www.careers.ef.com
More Jobs From