Office Tour Photos
An outstanding opportunity to join one of the fastest growing technology companies in Boston in an experienced finance role that will allow you to be exposed to various parts of the business as we continue to scale the Company and expand and develop the finance organization as an important part of that growth.
You will be strongly customer centric and passionate about making a difference in your role. You will be a self-starter, self-motivated and want to continue to learn and develop your skill set. You will be an independent thinker and problem solver. You will be a team player, able to work across different departments and different management levels and focused on solving business and financial challenges.
What youll be doing:
- You will be joining a small and dynamic finance team, reporting to the Controller, on the larger Company Success Team.
- You will be responsible for accounting close activities including review and approval of journal entries, managing the month-end close calendar, and review of all major balance sheet account reconciliations.
- You will assist the Company's day to day accounting operations, including owning of the financial close, general ledger, AP/AR, payroll review and other accounting activities.
- You will advise the Controller and senior leadership on the technical accounting treatment for new transactions as they arise.
- You will assist with the coordination with external financial and tax audits.
- You will assist in the preparation of management reporting, financial statements and supporting schedules.
- You will own the cross-functional business partnership with other department owners.
- You will evaluate and lead the continuous improvement of the Company's accounting practices, policies, control procedures, and system enhancements with a focus on scaling of the Company's processes and educating senior leadership about the implications to ensure continued compliance with US GAAP.
- You will act as the accounting organizations NetSuite subject matter expert, staying apprised of new system updates, providing training and guidance to new and existing team members, and contributing to ongoing integrations, etc.
- You will help lead critical accounting initiatives, including the design and implementation of key finance systems, global close expansion (when applicable), and audit readiness.
- Youll have the opportunity of a lifetime to help build a dynamic global company.
About you and what type of skills youll need:
- 5+ years of relevant experience within a SaaS technology organization (Big 4 background is a plus)
- Minimum of one year of manager experience
- Experience in high growth companies and comfortable working in a fast-paced team with changing priorities
- CPA strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of internal controls and compliance
- Independent / flexible problem-solver with the ability to adapt as the business grows.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills to interact with various levels of management and build influential relationships with partners in the business.
- Tech savvy and eagerness to learn new technology and practices
- Knowledge and experience with NetSuite, Avalara, and Carta a plus
Drift is the world's leading conversational marketing and sales platform that helps businesses connect with the customers who are ready to buy now. After just two years in the market, the company has become one of the fastest growing SaaS companies of all-time and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100, LinkedIn Top 50 Startups, Entrepreneur's Top Company Cultures, Boston Business Journal's Best Places to Work, and SaaS Company of the Year by the NEVCA.
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity, and work every day to create an inclusive work environment that represents the world that we live in.
More Jobs From