Office Tour Photos
We are growing our business and are seeking an experienced and exceptional accounting professional to join us in the role of Accounting Manager. Reporting to the CFO, the Accounting Manager has responsibility for the daily, weekly and monthly accounting tasks and deliverables.
This person will be responsible for a wide range of responsibilities. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees the daily Accounting responsibilities of the company
- Continually reviews and enhances accounting company policies & procedures
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements
- Presents recommendations on accounting and T&E platforms
- Supervises, directs and reviews the work of the accounting staff (including, but not limited to, reconciliations, AR transactions, fixed asset activity, AP transactions, payroll, recording of revenue and expenses, etc.)
- Produces financial reports, coordinates monthly, quarterly and annual closing activities
- Preforms consolidation of international subsidiaries financials
- Produces quarterly and annual financial statements and ad hoc financial reports
- Prepares sales tax returns and voluntary disclosure filings
- Assist in development of budgets and forecasts
- Maintains organized set of detailed records and files to document financial transactions
This role will allow the individual to demonstrate a broad variety of skills and will be expected to
take on additional responsibilities and progress within the organization.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Revenue Recognition in accordance with ASC 606 guidance
- Excellent management and supervisory skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
- Able to handle confidential material appropriately
- Learn quickly and work well under pressure
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business administration
- Five or more years of accounting or finance experience
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Revenue Recognition ASC 606
- Proficient in Excel and QuickBooks or similar accounting packages
- Detail-oriented and customer service focused
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of accounting concepts
- Demonstrated independent decision making
- Follow issues through to resolution and escalate issues appropriately
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and deliverables with minimal oversight
- Must demonstrate sound judgment, initiative and tact
- Portray a professional attitude and image, be a team player and be dependable
- Must be available to work overtime when needed
- Experience supervising or training staff is a plus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Are you eager to be part of a dynamic team? Do you want to make a difference and have a passion for excellence? Our Cygilant team is growing and we are currently seeking to hire an Accounting Manager to be part of our story.
At Cygilant we believe that every organization, regardless of size, deserves an enterprise-class cybersecurity program. We are passionate about delivering affordable, best-of-breed cybersecurity-as-a-service solutions to continuously protect our customers. We are passionate about helping organizations of all sizes build a comprehensive enterprise-class security program. Our goal is to be the #1 customer-centric organization in the cyber security industry.
Were looking for people who share our core values, thrive on the challenge of working on the cutting edge of technology, and are passionate about excellence. If you are looking for a challenge and have what it takes to build a great company in the hottest sector of the IT industry, we offer a chance to develop your career and share in the rewards of creating something special.