American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in Accounting and Finance. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
We are seeking an experienced Accounting Manager that will be primarily responsible for managing the close process, day to day operations, deadlines, and a multitude of accounting activities, including general ledger preparation. The ideal candidate would ideally hold a CPA certification and experience working in a public company. The candidate will work with various cross functional teams and report to the Senior Director of Finance & Accounting.
- Participate in worldwide financial close, including journal entries, reconciliations, global consolidation, and financial statement analytics.
- Manage close process, including close calendar and checklist, while working with the business stakeholders, and the accounting team to ensure a timely close.
- Manage monthly consolidation of worldwide entities, including preparation of intercompany reconciliations.
- Assist in development and implementation of internal controls, including defining SOX requirements, and continued monitoring of effectiveness of controls and recommended changes.
- Interface with external auditors and respond to PBC requests.
- Assume other special activities and responsibilities as required.
- Prepare periodic and ad hoc financial reporting and analysis.
- BA/BS - Bachelors Degree, required
- Big 4 accounting firm experience and CPA preferred.
- Public company experience preferred.
- Software or SaaS experience preferred.
- Experience with NetSuite, a plus.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (v-lookup, pivot tables, etc.).
- Experience with consolidation and international accounting.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities effectively and meet deadlines.
- Positive, energetic, optimistic attitude, willing to proactively roll up your sleeves.
Should you join American Well and the Accounting and Finance team, you can expect:
Accounting and Finance is a service-oriented organization that is responsible for supporting the company's operations in all aspects of its business. We have deployed sophisticated enterprise resource planning solutions across the company in order to support the companys growth to deliver actionable information to all stakeholders. The Accounting and Finance team is made up of dedicated professional team members.
Our day to day work involves dealing with complex accounting and tax matters and building sophisticated financial models to support key company decisions including cost-benefit and ROI models. Our organization is charged with the month-end close, financial reporting and analysis, tax compliance and planning, customer claims processing and management, customer invoicing, payroll, financial systems.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. Were a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks
More Jobs From