Accounting Intern (Summer)
This is a fantastic opportunity for a detail-oriented individual to gain internship experience within a growing company in the technology space!
In the role of Intern, Accounting, you will gain exposure to accounting processes and procedures within a public company. Reporting to the Manager, Accounting, this individual will assist with Accounts Payable team with activities, as well as our Staff Accountant team with accruals, month end close procedures and audits.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities:
During your internship, you will...
- Assist with accounts payable activities, such as filing, assisting with our weekly check runs and more!
- Gain exposure to the accounts payable process, accruals, month end close procedures, accounting software and audits within a public company.
- Research and resolve discrepancies to assist with month-end closing.
- Assist the Accounting team with research on new and existing projects.
- Perform administrative duties in support of various departments as needed.
This role will provide a comprehensive overview to general ledger accounting and the accounts payable process within a public company.
As an intern, the following qualities will make you successful at Carbonite:
- Be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program with a major in Accounting or Finance.
- Have experience with Microsoft Office Suite with a strong degree of comfort working with Excel.
- Have experience with data entry.
- Have exceptional attention to detail and accuracy in work performed.
- Have previous experience in a co-op or internship role with the accounts payable process, accruals, month end close procedure or audits.
Carbonite provides a complete Data Protection Platform for businesses and the IT professionals who serve them. From backup and disaster recovery to data migration, high availability and endpoint protection, our flexible solutions can be tailored to meet the data protection needs of any business.
Carbonite solutions are strengthened by our outstanding team members and through strategic acquisitions—like our purchase of leading endpoint protection provider Mozy Inc., and high availability specialist DoubleTake Software. Our laser focus on security and our track record of meeting customers' unique requirements are two more reasons why businesses around the globe depend on Carbonite.
Carbonite is made up of over 1,000 smart and dedicated individuals who work at locations all over the world. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. With our robust Data Protection Platform, we are well-positioned in a rapidly growing market. We're currently looking for talented people to join the Carbonite team both in the U.S. and globally. Are you ready to grow with us?
Carbonite, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Upon request, accommodations will be made available during the recruitment process for applicants with a disability. If you require accommodations, we will work with you to provide or arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation wherever possible. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.