EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) makes insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and insurance providers time and money. We operate the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. Our goal is to reshape insurance shopping for consumers and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
We are located in the Kendall Square area of Cambridge, MA. Surrounded by great food, fun places for social outings and easily accessible to any form of desired commute to work. Our team is small, focused and hard-working but we value a fun and dynamic work environment as well.
We are looking for a driven Accounting Intern with a basic understanding of GAAP and financial principles and terms who is ready for an immersive, real-world experience. Under the supervision of our staff, you can expect to work closely with others in the areas of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Cash transactions.
Accounting Intern Responsibilities:
- Shadowing members of the Accounting department as they perform their duties.
- Assisting the Accounting department with various functions such as research, filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
- Working within accounting software, NetSuite, and other third-party software.
- Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
- Learning how to work as part of the Accounting team to compile and analyze data, track information, and support the company, customers, and vendors.
- Taking on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations.
Accounting Intern Requirements:
- Must be a recent graduate or actively working towards a Bachelors or Masters in Accounting.
- Satisfactory completion of introductory accounting courses and a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- FluentinMicrosoftWord, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, organization, and responsibility.
- Motivation and strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.