As a result of our continued growth and the success of our business model, we are searching for an Accounting Intern to join our team. For this role, reporting to the Accounting Manager, we seek an enthusiastic individual with an interest in pursuing a career in Accounting.
What youll do:
- Obtain approval to pay on invoices
- Code invoices to appropriate General Ledger accounts
- Enter vendor invoices into Great Plains
- Assist in payment processing of vendor invoices
- Track purchase orders in Coupa
- Arithmetic review of vendor invoices
- Prepare journal entries in Great Plains as required
- Participate in month-end close and reconcile GL accounts
- Respond to vendor inquiries
- Help with reconciling the corporate purchasing card program
- Assist with audits and special projects as needed
Who you are:
- Accounting degree seeking individual
- Must be able to work 40 hours a week (January to June 2020)
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable with technology and competency in MS office and web browser environments
- Must be a motivated individual with a desire for learning and obtaining professional experience in the field of Accounting
Why youll love us:
- Its all onsite. We have dry cleaning, a barber shop, a full service cafeteria, and even Boston Sports Clubs (at a discounted rate for our fitness fanatics!). Get your errands done before you even hit your desk in the morning.
- Abundant fun. Golf Club, kickball and softball leagues, Mario Kart and bubble hockey tournaments, three wheeler races, and Friday beer cart - theres a way for everyone to let loose.
- Local pride. Were wicked proud, which means when any of our teams - Bruins, Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, and Revolution - kick off their season, you can bet theres going to be a party to cheer them on. Go ahead and wear your jersey to work.
- Dine al fresco. Our gorgeous patios make for rejuvenating lunch and coffee breaks.
- We have a nine foot T Rex, but hes friendly. On your first day, keep a lookout for our informal mascot - a giant T Rex, who roams the office, squatting with a new team every now and then.
- Its super easy to get here. We offer a subsidized shuttle from the Alewife T stop if you prefer public transportation, and we have plenty of free onsite parking, too.
More Jobs From