Love dogs? This is the place for you!
Discover your dog more than fur deep with the most comprehensive DNA test on the market. Designed by world leaders in dog genetics, in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark DNA Test tells owners what breeds make up their pets, how to prevent future possible health problems, and what features and traits their pet might have. Help us end preventable disease in dogs and improve the lives of pets and their people through genomics.
Were a group of diverse, talented, and motivated people working together to make a difference in dogs (and their parents) lives. Interested in joining? Were looking for highly motivated and driven employees who will help us continue our rapid growth and achieve our ambitious goals.
Were looking for a smart, energetic Junior Accountant to actively contribute to the growth and development of the Accounting function. This exciting role will provide you with hands-on experience and exposure to all aspects of the business.
- Manage Accounts Payable efforts:
- Liaise with teams across the organization and establish and maintain relationships with new and existing vendors
- Accurately review, code, and process vendor invoices and employee expense reports
- Create purchase orders
- Reconcile invoice and/or payment discrepancies
- Address and respond to vendor inquiries
- Maintain accurate documentation to align with internal controls
- Manage Accounts Receivable efforts:
- Prepare and send invoices to customers
- Reconcile and maintain precise records of all incoming payments to customer accounts
- Communicate effectively and professionally with customers regarding payment discrepancies and past-due accounts, and provide regular updates to management regarding the status of these issues
- Assist with bookkeeping, reporting, and general ledger maintenance
- Become a resource for accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Perform ad hoc clerical and administrative duties
- Apply knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and requirements to all tasks
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- Proficient in MS Excel
- High degree of attention to detail
- Positive, self-motivated, and enthusiastic team player
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Prior Accounts Payable and/or Accounts Receivable experience a plus
- Bill.com, QuickBooks and NetSuite experience a plus
What We Offer
- Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized dog-walking services and paw-ternity leave
- Startup perks with big-company benefits
- Competitive salaries, all-inclusive health care, and equity participation
- A flexible vacation policy along with paid maternal and paternal leave
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros, or laptops running Linux
- Continuing education including attending conferences
- A commitment to upward career advancement opportunities
Embark is an equal opportunity workplace and values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws. See also EEO is the Law.