Forward Financing has been one of the fastest-growing fintech companies in Boston for the past three years, as recognized by Boston Business Journal, Inc. Magazine, and Deloitte Fast 500. We help small businesses spend less time finding capital and more time helping their customers and growing their businesses. Our mission is to create a world-class fintech company so that our customers and our people can reach their full potential. We accomplish this by investing in our people, technology, and customer experience with long-term success in mind. Forward Financing strives to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in all we do.
As an Accounting Assistant, you will work as part of the Accounting team to ensure Forward Financing is providing the highest-level customer service to its small business customers. The Accounting Assistant is responsible for confirming the amounts funded are in accordance with contractual terms, reconciling internal applications, and ensuring collections received are applied and accurately reflected on customer accounts. Additionally, you will assist the Accounting team in processing accounts payable and purchase requests. You will report to the Accounting Manager and will collaborate frequently with our Sales and Account Servicing teams.
In this role you will:
- Review and release daily funding to small and midsize business (SMB) customers.
- Identify and apply cash payments.
- Investigate discrepancies and payment rejections.
- Verify and reconcile internal applications on a daily basis to ensure total funding agrees to Salesforce.
- Work on operational projects as they arise.
- Assist in the accounts payable and purchasing processes.
- Provide support for Collections and Sales teams as needed.
- 1+ years of related experience, preferably in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A belief in the core values and mission of Forward Financing
- Available to work hours of 10:30am to 7:30pm, Monday through Friday
Forward Financing Core Values:
- People First We build relationships and genuinely care about each other.
- We Before Me We prioritize team success over individual success.
- Be Candid We are authentic, transparent, and direct.
- Do the Right Thing We act with integrity and we dont cut corners.
- Relentless Improvement We push ourselves, never settling for the best we did yesterday.
- Be Positive We are optimistic and assume positive intent.
Forward Financing is a Boston-based fintech company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable capital to small businesses nationwide. With a simple online application, business owners can trust that Forward Financing works to get them approvals within minutes, funding within hours, and personalized support when they need it most.
Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $1 billion in financing to more than 26,000 small businesses. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, the company is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and receives top ratings across all major customer review platforms. Forward Financing has been consistently named by Boston Business Journal and Built in Boston as one of the best places to work in Massachusetts.
Forward Financing actively promotes a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion in all we do. We are committed to creating a workplace where trust and respect are paramount and all employees feel valued, heard, and accepted. By embracing diversity of thought, background, and identity, we will continue to become a stronger team and a better organization.
We are a diverse and driven group of over 100 people, located in the heart of Bostons Financial District. Our employees come to work knowing they are helping thousands of small businesses while advancing their own careers. If this sounds like something youd like to be a part of, learn more at www.forwardfinancing.com.
Perks & Benefits:
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to; medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with a flexible time off policy, 401k match, gym reimbursement, paid volunteering days, annual professional development budget, and charitable donation match.
When we arent busy with a Zoom meeting, supporting our customers, or working on a project, you can likely find us taking part in a scavenger hunt, getting overly competitive in a trivia game, or celebrating our team wins together!