Accounting Assistant- Accounts Payable
ezCater is the worlds largest online marketplace for catering a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. Were backed by $320 million in venture funding and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. Our mission is to power the worlds catering, and well make it happen even more surely if you come help us.
Are you a fanatic for precision and detail? Have you set out to automate as many of lifes chores as possible? As an Accounting Assistant youll keep the gears that drive our business running smoothly. Youll help us collect from buyers, pay our caterers, and ensure that we spend our money wisely.
- Ensure our caterers are paid on timewe want happy partners!
- Assist with account inquiries and billing updates for our catering partners.
- Address credit card disputes and ensure we maintain a high level of favorable resolution.
- Manage the year-end 1099 tax form process for our catering partners.
- Learn our financial systems like the back of your hand.
- In general, helping us keep the ezCater machine moving as smoothly as possible!
- Some experience. Ideally 6 months in an accounting focussed role, internship, or equivalent.
- Juggling ability: Youre comfortable with a high-volume list of varied tasks.
- Tech-savviness: We're completely tech-enabled, and youll need to quickly pick up our toolset.
- An appetite for change: If something isnt working, we fix it. And then we fix it again.
- Devotion to details: Our quality standard is the highest in the business.
- Excellent communication skills: Verbal and written. You will communicate often with catering partners and internal stakeholders.
What youll get from us:
Importantly, youll get a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy. Youll own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts. With ezCaters unmatched transparency and trust, youll have open access to the data that drives our decisions. ezUniversity sessions will provide plenty of opportunities to expand your mind.
At the same time, youll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life of any age who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and heres what else youll get: Market salary, stock options youll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.