The Accountant will work as part of the Accounting Team to assist in the month end and quarter end close process, which includes the following: preparing and posting journal entries, preparing Balance Sheet reconciliations, performing variance analysis on Balance Sheets accounts and P&L expense accounts. The Accountant will assist the Sr. Accountant to ensure the general ledger accounts are closed in a consistent manner to ensure accuracy and completeness. The Accountant will also assist in gathering documentation for internal and external audit requests. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with extensive knowledge in multiple accounting areas, strong process and system improvement experience, be adaptive to a continuously evolving work environment, and have a desire to become a part of a growing, world class organization
- Reconcile cash accounts in multiple foreign currencies to ensure cash is complete and accurate at month end, as well as, revalued appropriately, where necessary.
- Maintain and reconcile the following sub-ledger activity to the respective general ledger accounts: fixed assets and accumulated depreciation, intangible assets and accumulated amortization.
- Prepare and record month-end accrual entries to ensure liability accounts are complete and accurate.
- Assist with other financial close activities, including preparing journal entries and/or account reconciliations for other general ledger accounts on the Trial Balance.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet and income-statement flux variance analysis for management reporting. Assist in providing explanations for significant fluctuations period over period.
- Prepare month end reporting templates to assist in the month end process of the consolidated financial reports (i.e. cash flow statement).
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures, process documentation and identification of key controls to support areas of responsibility.
- Assist in identification and implementation of process improvement opportunities to include but not limited to the month end and quarter end close processes.
- Support of year-end audit through preparation of supplemental schedules, roll forwards and reconciliations.
- Ad hoc projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Excellent organizational skills, knows how to multi-task, detail oriented, strong analytical and communication skills
- Collaborates effectively with colleagues and cross-functional teams
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite required
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Public company accounting experience a plus
- Experience with ERP systems (NetSuite preferred) and strong Excel skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced and often ambiguous work environment.
- Minimal work experience of 0-2 years in progressive responsibilities in the month end close.