Forward Financing: Account Services Specialist
This is a terrific opportunity for a self-motivated individual to join our team. At Forward Financing, our mission is to be the leading provider of financing solutions to under-served small businesses. As one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts we are at the forefront of growth in the FinTech space. We are 100% dedicated to this vertical and to achieving our mission.
As a Specialist in the Account Servicing Department, you will be challenged daily and find satisfaction helping customers resolve temporary financial and payment issues they are having with us. The department consists of specialized teams across customer service, payments, resolution, and arbitration. Specialists generally start in the payments tier but have opportunities to move across teams based on performance and business needs. In this position, you will play an integral role in the revenue life-cycle of the company and help strengthen our relationships with those customers that need assistance in repaying their financing.
In this role you will:
- Work each account in your portfolio to the fullest with a focus on 1) successfully resolving situations within your tier, 2) lowering the Company’s overall default rate, and 3) maximizing efficiency
- Correspond regularly and consistently with merchants (via phone, email, text) to understand and address issues they are having and resolve outstanding balances
- Maintain clear documentation of all correspondence and activity
- Provide a positive customer experience that reflects Forward Financing’s willingness to work with customers facing financial hardships as defined by our contract
- Escalate unresponsive or non-cooperative accounts, as appropriate, when an amicable solution cannot be reached
- Collaborate as needed with other internal teams including but not limited to sales, renewals, underwriting and legal
- Identify issues and trends driving account delinquency and discuss with management
- Passionate: High energy. “Can-do-attitude.” Enthusiastic. Optimistic, open, and objective toward others
- Coachable: Open to feedback and continual professional improvement. Flexible and adaptable
- High Standards: Quality orientation. Follow through on commitments. A Doer who gets things done
- Efficient: Producing significant output with minimal wasted effort, organized planning and prioritization
- Proactive: Self-starter, continually seeks additional responsibilities. Willingness to go the distance to get something done, including working long hours at times if needed
- Collaborative: Strong “people orientation.” Can disagree without being abrasive or intimidating. Team player
- Emotional Intelligence: High degree of self-awareness. Handles interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically. Exercises good judgment while under pressure
- Communicator: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative and possesses an openness to people and a willingness to hear what others are saying
- Competitive: Strong desire to win both as an individual and team. Exhibit tenacity, boldness, assertiveness in demanding jobs/situations
- Persuasive: Ability to convince others to pursue a course of action
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 1+ years customer service type experience that includes outbound calling
Forward Financing is a Boston-based financial technology company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable working capital to small and medium-size businesses nationwide. By combining proprietary technology with a team of small business financing experts, Forward Financing delivers same day funding with the speed and simplicity business owners need to succeed and grow. With a simple online application, businesses can trust Forward Financing for approvals within minutes, funding within hours, and personalized support and service when they need it most.
Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $500m in funding to more than 10,000 small businesses. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, the company is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and receives top ratings across all major customer review platforms. In 2017 and 2018, Forward Financing was named by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal as one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts. Learn more at www.forwardfinancing.com
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too. We offer a competitive compensation package for highly qualified candidates that are extremely motivated, have a positive attitude, and are able to ramp up quickly. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with gym reimbursement, 401K, paid volunteering days and a matching gift program. We work in an open environment with a start-up vibe, conveniently located just steps away from South Station. You will have the opportunity to work with people that enjoy a fun, social office culture.
More Jobs From