EdX is a non-profit, growth stage eLearning startup with a mission to provide high quality education for everyone, everywhere.
The edX sales team is growing and were looking for a self-motivated Account Representative to join our team. If you are looking for a sales position that is different than the others...this is it! Leverage your brain power while you sell into global organizations that are looking for quality alternatives to educating their workforce. This is a multi-billion dollar industry that is ripe for disruption and edX has the ideal product. Time to apply your consultative selling skills to a market hungry for an improvement in continuing education and employee reskilling.
In this role you will identify, negotiate, and close the sale of bulk access to the edX online education platform. You will close sales that change the way corporations educate their workforce...with the weight of Harvard and MIT behind you.
- Actively contact prospects, both new and assigned, to build a pipeline of business opportunities.
- Independently create custom course bundles from our catalog of over 1500 courses relative to customer criteria for skill level, timing against course availability, and budget. Craft appropriate skills pathways with different mixes of courses.
- Independently manage all aspects of each account including regular communication as needed.
- For Outbound Sales, specifically Independently develop and sell bulk access codes to edX courses to large global prospects
- For Inbound Sales, specifically Independently close new opportunities provided to you from inbound leads and grow the accounts.
- Use Salesforce to record all activity
- Detail oriented, a good listener, and have good fact finding skills to uncover and understand prospects learning needs at a granular level
- Able to clearly promote and evangelize edX to build the brand and develop new prospects
Qualification and Skills:
- 3+ years of experience in related Sales with demonstrated ability to understand product inventory, develop new client relationships, create and negotiate compelling deals, and close contracts. B2B experience preferred.
- Experience independently negotiating winning deals, ability to write and design terms for management approval. Good consensus building and communication skills, for both customer facing and internal edX audiences, to create, promote and sell special deals on their merits.
- Demonstrated success in a Sales role where you were directly responsible for identifying, negotiating, and contracting with prospects, clients, and channel partners.
- We are building a mission driven business. Must be willing to put in the time to reach goals and objectives, understand the platform and the ever changing competitive landscape, and understand the start up mentality.
- Passionate about changing the world through access to education and the worlds top courses, from the best universities and institutions globally. Sales revenue is the contribution we can make to further the mission of access to education for all.
Are you ready to be a part of reinventing education?
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.