Forward Financing: Account Manager
This is a terrific opportunity for a self-motivated individual to join our team. At Forward Financing, our mission is to be the leading provider of financing solutions to under-served small businesses. As one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts, we are at the forefront of growth in the FinTech space. We are 100% dedicated to this vertical and to achieving our mission.
As Account Manager you will drive funding volume and revenue for our organization. Your role will be to build and foster partner relationships in the small business financing industry, with the goal of retaining and growing the funding volume of existing business partners.
In this role you will:
- Proactively converse with our partner base daily, with the objective of increasing profitable funding volume
- Field requests from partners; taking personal responsibility to serve them, resolve issues and grow relationships
- Understand and master the sales process and work with partners to improve their performance
- Establish/build relationships with high-value partners and organically grow same partner wallet share
- Visit partners to establish and build relationships, supporting the sales process; up to 25% travel monthly
- Urgently and aggressively follow-up on open-approvals and strive to “win” profitable deals
- Hold individual partners accountable for their performance and reach out proactively to improve performance
- Collaborate with management to identify and implement new policies and procedures to improve overall partner experience
- Actively solicit and communicate industry and competitor feedback for evaluation
- Utilize the knowledge of our deal structure in order to communicate effectively, problem solve with partners and underwriters and set appropriate expectations with our partners.
- Collaborate across departments and be a team player, thinking about what is best for the company
- Passionate: High energy. “Can-do-attitude”. Enthusiastic. Optimistic, open, and objective toward others.
- Coachable: Open to feedback and continual professional improvement. Flexible and adaptable.
- High Standards: Quality orientation. Follow through on commitments. A Doer who gets things done.
- Efficient: Producing significant output with minimal wasted effort, organized planning and prioritization.
- Proactive: Self-starter, continually seeks additional responsibilities. willingness to go the distance to get something done, including working long hours at times if needed.
- Collaborative: Strong “people orientation”. Can disagree without being abrasive or intimidating. Team player.
- Emotional Intelligence: high degree of self-awareness. Handles interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically. Exercises good judgement while under pressure.
- Communicator: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative and possesses an openness to people and a willingness to hear what others are saying.
- Customer Oriented: The job demands a positive and constructive view of working with others. There will be a high percentage of time spent in listening to, understanding and successfully working with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds to achieve “win-win” outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in an account management or related role (relationship management, client management, sales)
- Strong client facing ability and business acumen
- Dedicated to team collaboration; someone who elevates the performance of others in the company
More Jobs From