Tripadvisor is seeking an Account Executive to join a newly formed and highly motivated team that manages and develops our Key Account supply for Hotel/OTA and 3rd party partnerships for our new direct to consumer Tripadvisor Plus product.
Tripadvisor, the worlds largest travel site, enables travelers to unleash the full potential of every trip. With 730 million reviews and opinions covering the worlds largest section of travel listings worldwide, comprising 8.1 million accommodations, airlines, experiences, and restaurants. TripAdvisor branded sites are available in 49 markets, and are home to the worlds largest travel community of 490 million average monthly unique visitors, all looking to get the most out of every trip. The B2B sales team is responsible for providing the best possible supply of discounts and perks for our direct to consumer subscription program, while maintaining an excellent client service.
We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the travel business in an energetic, dynamic and international work environment focused on innovation, creative problem-solving and collaboration.
What You'll Do:
- Reporting to the Director, B2B supply and Partnership, you will work to build a clear strategy to grow your book of business across our new Tripadvisor Plus product. With the goal to develop new business, you will execute on the strategy by building a strong sales pipeline across multiple partners and markets
- Develop by creating a sales strategy and pitch deck for our ENT sales client to buy
- Build strong internal relationships to support our team goals and in particular work closely with legal, Connectivity,B2B strategy, Pricing analysis, SMB sales.
- Take ownership on challenges and new initiatives you encounter with your potential partners
- Share and support implementation of best practices across our broader project team
- Work closely with Trip Plus Account Managers & Operations to maximize the revenue generation opportunity by onboarding the right fit of partner to drive the teams overall strategy
- Prepare & present sales pitches, speak at trade shows, seminars & conferences to achieve business development objectives
- Uncover novel & actionable ideas that position TripAdvisor partners business to meet KPIs driving incremental suppliers and uncover perks and rewards into our Trip Plus program
- Exercise independent judgment by utilizing methods, techniques, and evaluation of criteria for obtaining results. Create formal networks involving coordination among groups. Act independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments
Who you are/what you have:
- Hunter mentality with a deep and consistent proven track record in successful business development initiatives in a B2B environment including: planning, client prospecting, pipeline and activity management, deal management, sales closing and contract development
- Experience in negotiating at C-Level, using your eye for business to make deals that are for the benefit of the business
- Ability to use data to build a compelling story to influence internally and externally
- Solid experience of analyzing, structuring, negotiating and closing complex deals in a team environment and using CRM systems for pipeline/activity management for internal stakeholders
- Ability to build a wide variety of business relationships (internal/external)
- Collaborate with a diverse group of internal stakeholders.Serves as a key resource to team and sales management.
- Demonstrated understanding of the underlying economic metrics involved in strategic partnerships
- Experience in learning from failure, having the ability to pivot quickly and act on opportunities that arise from discovery
- Travel background preferred: online travel agency, B2B, hotel supplier sales/account management
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Outstanding communication, sales and negotiation skills
- You are creative, proactive and self-motivated, compelling and executive level eye for business
- Proven track record in influencing multiple stakeholders to get things done
- Strong commercial instinct and high entrepreneurial drive combined with an ability to be creative, take initiative and take calculated risks
- Capacity to identify and keep up to date on global trends that affect industry and organization
- Team-player; able to build unquestioning relationships and deliver on time
- Display excellent judgment through sound, well-informed decision-making
- Fluent in English - other European languages a plus
Travel required: 20%
Years of experience: Senior AE = 7-10 years relevant experience
Why join us:
Tripadvisor Media Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's largest travel website, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
Tripadvisor is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.