Jellyfish is on a mission to change the way engineering and product teams are managed, moving from a gut-instinct based approach to helping power decision making that uses data and analytics to improve outcomes and team performance. To put it another way, we feel like were building the Salesforce.com for R&D teams - its a pretty ambitious vision and were looking for people who are excited about being challenged and joining us on that mission. We have some of the top investors in the world (Accel, Wing) who believe in our product and team. Our co-founders are bringing decades of product and engineering leadership experience to the table with a $1bn+ exit to Oracle under their belt (Endeca in 2011), they have reunited to build something special again.
The sales team at Jellyfish is still in its infancy stages, and after a year of record growth we are finally looking to add people who are passionate about making an impact and playing a role in helping us scale. We are looking for highly motivated individuals with a strong track record of success in achieving their individual goals, but also who care deeply about winning as a team and helping build up others around them.
As an Account Executive you will:
- Be primarily responsible for building / sourcing your own pipeline by outbound targeting CTOs and VP Engineering and demonstrating the ability for you (and Jellyfish) to add value with your touchpoints
- Interact with C-level and VP-level executives at companies ranging from start-ups to F500 companies, and be able to engage in both technical and business oriented conversations
- Manage a complex / technical deal cycle by performing product demonstrations that highlight the value of Jellyfish, managing POC and onboarding processes, assembling business case studies and executive read-outs, etc.
- Provide regular reporting, updates, and forecasts using Salesforce.com
- Work closely with our Product Success team to manage both pre-sales and post-sales process
- Maintain strong relationships with customers post-sale to drive both expansion and renewal business
- You are passionate about learning, self-development, and enjoy being challenged
- You are a collaborative person who wants to go above and beyond in making those around you better, but also do not possess an ego that prevents you from learning from your peers and reaching out to them for help
- You are a competitive person who has a strong track record of success in quota attainment and finishing towards the top of the leaderboard
- You take pride in your work - from written communication, to sales calls, to the long-term relationships built with customers - you strive to put your best foot forward and avoid complacency wherever possible
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
Bonus points if:
- You have worked at a small startup before and loved it
- You have experience selling into the CTO / VPE / Director Engineering persona
- You have full-cycle closing experience in the range of $20k-$100k+ ARR
- You are passionate about sales process or sales culture as all team members play a role in helping develop these at Jellyfish
- You have a sense of humor! We know sales is a hard job, and theres a lot of work to do to accomplish the lofty goals we have, but we also want to make work fun along the way.
Location: on-site in Boston
We believe that it takes a diverse team to build the best company we can. Jellyfish welcomes people from all backgrounds and especially encourages applications from members of groups underrepresented in the software industry.