Purpose of the Role: Through effective relationships, the Account Executive is accountable for providing educational content solutions that meet the needs of school districts in an assigned territory.
- Designs strategies that address customer needs and issues while meeting assigned quota; targets and prioritizes accounts and activities; analyzes competitors’ activities and adjusts appropriately; utilizes area, national and Per Diem resources effectively.
- Strategically plans sales calls by outlined objectives and action steps.
- Reads the market, recognizes trends, and communicates that information to the Area Management; Demonstrates knowledge of account history, the processes and procedures specific to each district, and the key issues for each account.
- Responds to customers’ requests and problems with appropriate timeliness and concern; Develops professional credibility and trust with the customer;
- Provides timely and complete information needed for consultants and outside resources to perform effectively in the territory; Uses voicemail and email appropriately; Updates Salesforce.com regularly.
- Knowledge of each curriculum area to converse comfortably with customers and understand their needs; effectively communicates the major features, advantages, and benefits of each product; Displays a thorough knowledge of state and local adoption timelines in order to be at the right place at the right time.
- Focus on Core products in K-12 Literacy, Math, Science, Social Studies and World Languages, as well as supplemental resources including Special Education and English Language Learning.
- Ability to manage multiple layers of internal support and strategically collaborate across divisions.
- Proven history of success in challenging accounts and developing new relationships.
- Provide accurate quarterly and annual forecasts through data management.
Education and Experience:
- This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Business, Marketing or Liberal Arts or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 years sales experience with a proven track record in meeting quota.
- Educational/Technology sales experience and teaching skills are preferred
Skills and Competencies:
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point) and Sales Management Software
- Must have an acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to remain seated for extended periods of time, 4+ hours.
- Must be able to stand and present to audiences for 2+ hours.
- Frequently lifting, reaching, and moving product up to 60 lbs.
- Must be able to travel up to 80% of the time within the assigned territory.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings
Details: Must be able to travel up to 80% of the time throughout the territory. This position is home-based. The preferred candidate lives in or near southeastern Massachusetts.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K–12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children's books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.
For more information, visit http://careers.hmhco.com
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.