Who we are:
BookBub is one of the fastest-growing consumer tech startups in Boston. Millions of readers use our products every day to find great books, and our service empowers thousands of leading publishers and authors to drive sales and find new fans. Were expanding our team to address the challenges and opportunities of the publishing industry while continuing to help readers find stories and authors theyll love. Check out BookBub and our audiobook retailing platform, Chirp, and learn more about what to expect working at BookBub.
The entire BookBub team is currently working remotely, and this position will be onboarded and work remotely during this time as well. Our team values the health and safety of our people above all else, and though we hope to return to the office as soon as it's safe to do so, we are continuing to work distributedly for the foreseeable future.
About this position:
BookBub is looking for a motivated early-career Account Coordinator to provide outstanding client support and guidance to our self-published author and small publisher partners, helping them use BookBubs products to effectively market their books.
- Providing excellent client support and guidance to partners by scheduling and coordinating their BookBub promotions, responding to their questions promptly, and resolving any issues or complaints with positive, helpful, personalized responses via email
- Becoming an expert on BookBubs suite of marketing products and how they can help authors and small publishers sell books
- Advising authors and small publishers on best practices for utilizing BookBubs products to help accomplish their goals
- Representing BookBub in the author and publishing communities via email communications as well as some phone calls and (currently remote) meetings
- Developing comprehensive knowledge of the self-publishing marketplace to understand our partners pain points, needs and goals
- Gathering and synthesizing partner feedback and delivering it to internal stakeholders in order to help develop and improve products and increase product adoption
- Attending (currently digital) industry conferences to help educate authors about working with BookBub
Ideal candidates for this position will:
- Be outstanding professional written and verbal communicators
- Be friendly, positive, and proactive, with an inherent desire to be helpful to others
- Be interested in both business strategy and the book/publishing industry
- Be adept at creative problem-solving, and able to synthesize large volumes of partner feedback into concise, actionable takeaways for the team
- Be able to think analytically and is excited about BookBubs data-driven approach to decision-making
- Be able to work autonomously and balance competing priorities effectively
- Be someone who excels in a collaborative environment and easily adapts to new organizational systems and processes
- Be meticulously attentive to detail with strong multi-tasking and coordination abilities
- Be excited about a fast-paced, rapidly evolving start-up environment
BookBub offers competitive benefit options including medical, dental, vision, 401k, generous paid parental leave, and take-what-you-need paid time off.
Our interviewing philosophy
Our goal is to get to know you in a low-pressure, friendly environment and to give you ample opportunity to learn more about us, too.
Our typical process includes these types of experiences:
- A resume screen and introductory phone/video chat
- A take-home exercise where youll have the opportunity to demonstrate your communication and problem-solving skills
- Additional conversations with your potential future team members, the hiring manager, and People Operations
We personally review every application, and if we think there might be a fit, well typically reach out via email within a couple weeks to start the conversation.
We will always do what we can to be flexible around your personal time commitments, deadlines, and general availability. We know that by joining our interview process, youre trusting us with your time so well do our best to run a process for you thats as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
Your interview experience
Our goal is to create an environment where you can interview at your best. If we can provide any assistance or accommodations during your time with us, please let us know at [email protected]. All requests are treated as privately as possible and have no impact on candidate eligibility.
BookBub strives to be an inclusive workplace and we value learning from different perspectives. We seek to foster an environment filled with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
More Jobs From