Academy Partner & Technical Trainer
Mendix is on a mission to fundamentally reinvent the way applications are created, by abstracting the process and enabling everyone who has a stake in an enterprises digital future business people and analysts, web developers, software engineers, even CEOs to meaningfully participate, thereby creating better applications faster. Our goal is simply to create the future of software development.
As a member of the global Mendix Academy team youll be the U.S. Academy representative responsible for driving # of active certified developers in local market and delivering local classroom training and certification whilst owning, developing and improving core parts of the Mendix curriculum to offer a world-class learning experience to our platform community.
For Mendix, building and enabling a large pool of trained resources across the world is a key driver of success. Thats Mendix Academys core mission - setting the global standard for certification and training programs across Mendix customers, partners and employees. We design, develop, curate and deliver skills maps, certification programs, classroom and online courses as well as supporting content all of which enable Mendix users of all flavors, at all levels, in all geographies.
We are part of the overall Customer Success team, whose goal is to enable customers by driving adoption and assisting them to realize business value so that they remain customers for life. This means working closely with our friends all over the Mendix world: the Marketing and Evangelist team to share information and make it easy for people to find out and learn about our platform; our Expert Services, Digital Execution and Partner teams to help on-board, enable and grow new development teams; our University team to support their programs with professors and students the world over; and not forgetting our Expert Guilds to set the agenda for skills, knowledge and experience we train and certify in each role, as well as existing developers to help them expand their horizons and build a long and successful Mendix career.
We already have a core team in Rotterdam, consisting of Instructional Design, Content Development and Classroom Delivery, as well as Learning Management System development and support. We have just recently added an experienced video specialist in the U.K. and right now were looking to expand our team in the U.S.
- Driving # certified developers and continuously develop their skills and experience on platform by providing high-quality online experience and delivering interactive class room trainings.
- Becoming a Mendix certified developer, and following our Mendix Certified Trainer program, coached by our specialist trainers and building up to deliver your first Rapid Developer course in your first three months.
- Working with R&D and the global Academy team to ensure a single standard for the online and classroom versions of core content such as the Rapid and Advanced Developer courses, ensuring they are kept up-to-date with new features and functions from the latest Mendix releases.
- Contributing to the definition and development of supporting online content by working with the Instructional Design team and internal Subject Matter Experts.
- Running and assessing certification events and exams for candidates, as well as contributing to exam definition, creation and maintenance.
- Being part of the team responsible for Train the Trainer activity, enabling customers, partners and employees to scale classroom training.
- Acting as the central point for updating the extended training team on changes in the courseware and Mx software in your areas of expertise.
- Working with other internal teams such as the University team and the Partner team in your region to support Mx University and Mx Certified Training Partner programs where required.
- Loving what you do, taking it seriously, and most importantly getting stuff done.
- Are a high-energy professional, who loves learning and using technology, with a track-record in knowing your stuff and coaching, enabling and supporting others.
- You are excited about being part of creating a truly world-class, scalable training and certification program to enable Mendix users create and continuously improve web and mobile apps at scale using our super-cool software.
- Custom software development is something you've actually done or youve worked within an organization that focused on software development.
- Ideally you know Mendix, but you may have used tools such as: Python, R, Excel (formulas, macros, VBA), Access, SQL, Qlik, Tableau, Power BI, SPSS, SAS, Matlab or have experience with Salesforce, Hyperion, or Remedy.
- You have an understanding of technologies like SQL, BPMN, MDD and possibly Java, .Net. You don't have to be a coder, but a general understanding is definitely an advantage.
- As an individual youre independent and able to self-start, take responsibility, manage your own work, help others and have the maturity and common sense to know when to use our own judgment or seek advice in making decisions.
- Know that when the team succeeds we all succeed, because we are all responsible for work which needs input and support from others and actively support one-another to achieve each of our objectives.
- Have the ability to travel up to 20%
While we live on different continents and work on different things, we are one team with a shared mission and set of values. We are passionate and strive for new heights, professionally and personally. We value collaboration, initiative and hands-on creativity. Above all else, we believe in a culture of growth, respect, and fun.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But youll find one at Mendix. We pioneered low-code software development technology, which is arguably one of the most transformative technologies of the 21st century for building applications. Already, Mendix is the engine powering digital innovation for thousands of enterprises. The world of software will never be the same, thanks to Mendix. Neither will you, once you start making the future as part of the Mendix team.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means were backed by the resources and stability of one of the worlds largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim is to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. Thats why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. Our organization is growing, in 2018 we added 200 new employees and opened new offices in the U.S., Germany and the Netherlands and we have plans to open a new office in the U.K. in 2019.