About the Company
At Wayfair, we are redefining the way our customers can shop for furniture and home goods, using cutting edge technologies. We are looking for self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, intellectual curiosity, and passion for driving digital solutions.
About the Department
The 3D Operations team is a rapidly growing team at Wayfair and one of Wayfairs top initiatives. For ecommerce, images sell products, however the traditional method of creating images in a photo studio is time consuming and expensive. Wayfair is partnering with Google, Facebook, and other leaders in the industry to disrupt the imagery space and shift the industry towards the creation of computer-generated 3D product models and rooms that can be combined to create imagery for products at a grand scale for a fraction of the cost.
About the Role
The 3D Operations group is seeking a temporary 3D artist to join our Model QC team. This new member will report to a Senior 3D Viz Artist, and bring additional artist expertise of 3D asset creation best practices. This member will help us roll out new materials and standards with our external modeling partners, liaising directly with them to provide feedback on their quality output, what our expectations are, and conducting training sessions with the teams. At Wayfair, the 3D Operations team is responsible for optimizing the digital production line that produces thousands of 3D product images each year by componentizing the pipeline to improve production speed, cost efficiency, and output quality.
** This is a temporary contract position looking to start in July for a duration of 6+ months (with possibility to extend) at 40 hours a week **
What Youll Do
- Review and audit a subset of 3D assets from external vendors to evaluate against Wayfairs increasing quality standards.
- Report internally on trends found in vendor performance, and provide feedback directly to the external vendors in order for them to improve.
- Conduct training sessions with the vendors to ensure understanding of the new material and to address any gaps in their performance or knowledge.
- Partner with downstream stakeholders to ensure model quality is aligned throughout the pipeline.
- Collaborate cross functionally with multiple teams including 3D Artists, Production stakeholders, external vendors and more in an effort to meet business objectives.
- Partner with production stakeholders to help train external modeling partners and write instruction manuals during the roll out of new systems and functions.
- Assist in the maintenance of training documentation and materials, ensuring everything is kept accessible and accurate in a common database.
What Youll Need
- Required: photoreal 3D modeling (product), texturing, and rendering (3dsMax and Vray required)
- Required: Portfolio of product models
- Experience providing feedback and guiding artists towards desired results.
- An eye for detail and knowledge of what an asset needs to look photoreal
- Required: Strong written and verbal English skills; ability to communicate technical concepts in a way that is understandable.
- Portfolio or demo reel demonstrating expertise in 3D work
- Experience with data analysis and reporting a plus
Please note: We are looking for a senior level artists with expert-level skills in 3DSmax and VRay, photoreal product models (ideally furniture). Meaningful portfolio of product models required. If these criteria do not match your skills we encourage you to explore other Wayfair 3D roles.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.