Demiurge is looking for an experienced, versatile Senior 3D Artist to join our talented and growing art team. You have the skills to model and texture a wide variety of 3D models; everything from environments and props to characters and vehicles. You can adapt to working in different art styles and thrive off the opportunity to generate 3D assets across multiple, high-profile projects. You are the teams Swiss Army knife; the go-to person who can take on any request and follow it through with speed and efficiency. You are a team player with excellent communication skills and a strong desire to collaborate in the creative process with some of the industrys heavy-hitters. You relish the chance to flex your artistic skills in a fast-paced working environment and make a huge impact on content creation.
If you have a passion for crafting stunning 3D art and a strong desire to work on a variety of groundbreaking games wed love to talk with you!
Please note, relocation assistance or remote work may be available for this role.
- Work closely with the team to meet the artistic requirements of each project
- Model and texture a variety of beautiful 3D assets including (but not limited to) environments, characters, props, vehicles and vegetation
- Collaborate with concept artists in the creation of highly specialized 3D content
- Receive ongoing direction from the lead artist and creative director to ensure high standards and consistency in art style are maintained
- Contribute thoughts, ideas and concepts throughout production
- Assist in creating and maintaining art documentation
- Meet project deadlines/milestones as set by project leads
- Offer flexibility in exploring different art styles
- Adapt to changes within a dynamic game developing environment
- Assist with interviews and the growth of our art team
- Share your techniques and mentor folks
- 4+ years game industry employment
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D game art creation, processes, and development pipelines
- Proficient knowledge of 3D modeling low and high-poly assets and texturing
- Skilled with industry standard tools: 3ds Max/Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter, and Photoshop
- Strong 2D skills with an ability to hand-paint textures and generate concept sketches
- Experience working in game engines: Unreal Engine, Unity, or equivalent
- A solid understanding of lighting, perspective and color theory
- Portfolio or demo reel that demonstrates breadth of skill, styles, genres
- Excellent personal, written and oral communication skills
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer
Preference To Applicants With:
- Traditional illustration/fine arts training
- Experience rigging, skinning and animating 3D assets
- Environment set dressing and lighting skills
- Prior VFX creation experience
- Experience in mobile, console, and pc interface platforms
- 1+ shipped titles
- BFA (or higher)
- A love for games, and who play them regularly
- Outside interests!
Demiurge Studios is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, or Veteran status. Demiurge Studios also makes workplace accommodations for individuals with disabilities or special needs.