A bit about us:
Were on a mission to change healthcare how its paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
Thats why were gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
"We want to partner with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us."
A bit more about this role:
As a Remote Bilingual (Eng/Spanish) Member/Customer Service Specialist (what we call a Healthcare Guide) at Devoted Health you'll have the opportunity to make a difference every single day in the complex world of health care. You will be a navigator to support both our English-speaking and Spanish-speaking Members in healthcare. You will be responsible to provide caring accurate guidance in the complex world of health care. The type of care and guidance you would give to your own family member. You will learn deep knowledge about the benefits well offer and be able to explain them to our members.
You will be working with a team that includes doctors and nurses (Clinical Guides) so that you can seamlessly help members with service and clinical questions. Well ask you to take the extra time to make sure our members know whats available to them; at the same time youll learn what's important to them so that you can help them even more. You will have a keen ear in listening for the opportunity to help them above and beyond the initial reason for their call. A Guide actively listens to members, sees opportunity in the unexpected, responds appropriately, and creates a caring atmosphere for our members.
Responsibilities will include:
- Engaging with members, utilizing technology and data to better understand their needs
- Developing a solid understanding of our benefit offerings in order to investigate and resolve member questions
- Breaking down complex health care information so it is clear to our members
- Supporting members in finding a physician or specialist that's aligned with their values and preferences
- Documenting accurate information about member needs in our system
- Listening to members and identifying instances when higher levels of support through our clinical partners is needed
- Assisting members in optimizing their benefit usage
Attributes to success:
- A strong desire to improve the health care experience: you love to serve and make a difference
- Proven success in building relationships and trust
- The ability to adjust your tone and approach to different people
- The ability to break down and articulate complex information in simple terms
- Comfort working in a dynamic startup environment
- Adaptability; processes and workflows may change as we look to improve both the member experience and your experience as a Guide
- Being able to balance building a relationship with our members and supporting the business
Desired skills and experience:
- Fluent in both English and Spanish (in both written and oral communication)
- Ability to work variable shifts and weekends to support the needs of our Members across multiple time zones (Call Center hours are 8am-9pm EST, 6-7 days/week depending on volume and time of year)
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a customer-serving atmosphere
- The ability to comfortably multi-task: youll be listening to members, talking and typing...all at the same time!
- Youre a great team member with a can-do attitude; youre self- reflective
- Our ideal Guide is caring, compassionate, solutions-oriented, and exudes enthusiasm in providing an outstanding experience for Devoted Healths members.
Healthcare equality is at the center of Devoteds mission to treat our members like family. We are committed to a diverse and vibrant workforce. If you lack a specific credential for this position but believe that your strengths and life experiences will propel our mission, we would love to hear from you.
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you! If you lack a specific credential for this position but believe that your strengths and life experiences will propel our mission, we would love to hear from you.
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoteds Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Where permitted by applicable law, candidates must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified employees with disabilities or for a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.