Superpedestrian is engineering the future of micromobility. The Superpedestrian team is composed of some of the most talented operations specialists, policy managers, designers and engineers, all focused on transforming the future urban mobility. Our scooters, called LINK, were designed to prioritize safety from the inside out, and our Superpedestrian team is dedicated to building meaningful local and city partnerships across the world. Join us!
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join the consumer software team. The ideal candidate has strong skills in backend development, optimizing algorithms and database structures.
There are currently several opportunities open in the software team so we are looking for candidates at different stages of their career. Dont hesitate to apply if you only meet some of the preferred qualifications, or if you feel youre overqualified. This is a position where you will have the opportunity to shape your responsibilities based on the skills you bring to the table.
What you'll do:
- Maintain a database-backed API backend
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and ship new features.
- Contribute across the stack on developing web applications, data layers, and back end services.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability and general reliability
- Work on improving application performance and bug fixes
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency and application performance
- Participate in cross-team peer code reviews
- Participate in Agile Scrum sprint and release planning
Who you are:
- 3+ years of industry experience building scalable backend services
- Experience with Python or other scripting language
- Experience with Django, Rails, Node or similar web framework
- Experience with RESTful web services, JSON
- Working knowledge of database systems such as PostgreSQL, NoSQL (MongoDB)
- Experience storing and indexing large scale location data
- Ability to identify technology that will grow our big data processing capabilities
- Experience working with a developer community
- Passion for improving company wide processes leveraging software solutions
- Competitive benefits with company subsidized medical, dental, vision & disability insurance and a 401k plan. Generous time off policy.
- On the job training with a leadership team that is committed to growth and development of all employees.A team of awesome, like-minded, driven people that support each other, and mentors from across the top echelons of industry.
- The chance to have your voice heard and help shape Superpedestrians future.
- Equity in a fast growing company.
- A commitment to an actively anti-racist environment.
Superpedestrian actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. If you think you meet most of the requirements, but not every single point on the job description, please still apply! Wed love to have a chat and see if you'd be a great addition to our team.