At Wasabi, we’re a proven collection of pioneers, visionaries and disruptive doers. We see things differently than our competitors, and we make our mark in the industry by challenging the norm and delivering the unexpected and improbable. We’re a fast-growing company taking the Cloud Storage industry by storm and recognized as one of the best places to work in Boston.
Wasabi hot cloud storage is a new class and category of cloud storage, breaking all traditional barriers and boundaries of storage with a disruptive value proposition of being 1/5th the cost of AWS S3, faster than the competition, with no fees for egress or API request and delivered as a single-tier solution. Cloud storage has never been so simple, so fast and so inexpensive. It’s all part of our vision to make cloud storage the next great global utility, just like electricity.
Role Description: Backend Services Engineer - Sustaining Team
Wasabi is seeking a Software Engineer to join our Sustaining software development team. In this role, you will use your software design and development knowledge to help a team dedicated to supporting highly reliable, secure, scalable, and innovative applications for Wasabi's hot cloud storage service. You should have expertise in agile software development, be able to collaborate with team members, and be a pragmatic problem-solver. You should also demonstrate excellent communication skills, an ability to effectively connect with other engineering teams, and have a solid foundation in software design. This role will report to the Manager of Sustaining Engineering.
- Investigate product issues, perform root cause analysis of failures, and propose remediation in a timely manner with an obsession with meeting the customer’s needs.
- Work on an agile development team, support and contribute to our global application and services framework.
- Work closely with our development teams to understand existing product designs, consider emerging needs, and implement effective improvements without introducing future problems.
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code, always considering the scalability, reliability, performance, security, and recovery associated with highly available systems.
- Function well in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- 3+ years of software development experience is preferred, including building and maintaining backend resources for customer-facing applications
- Nice to have 1+ years of hands-on Golang experience
- Must have 1+ years of experience with Kubernetes and relational database systems
- Experience with Ansible Playbook or a similar technology like Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Experience with web services and have an understanding of modern API best practices (HTTP, REST, Swagger, gRPC)