Want to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing, and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we are passionate about democratizing wealth creation through education, advice, and products that help customers achieve greater financial freedom.
Were hiring a Backend Engineer who will report to the Engineering Manager for our Money Movement & Automation experiences (MMAX) mission is to provide a stable, simple, and efficient transfer processing system for the entire Stash Platform. Their goal is to make adding an external account and transferring funds between that account and between Stash accounts a top tier experience within Stash.
What youll do:
- Build and maintain backend-for-frontend APIs (BFFs) including the core APIs that power our mobile apps
- Deliver software components from the first commit to production
- Work in a multi-functional agile team to produce working software incrementally
- Instrument, test, profile, and code review software
- Continuously deploy to our cloud-based infrastructure
What were looking for:
- 3+ years of professional experience building consumer-facing software
- 1+ years of experience with Scala, Akka, Ruby on Rails
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- A passionate engineer who can turn ideas and requirements into working software
- Creative problem solving with a passion for testing, debugging, and overall code quality
- Familiarity with or interest in AWS, Terraform, Datadog
- Interest in learning one of the following front end technologies: React, iOS, Android
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to [email protected].
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]
- BuiltIns Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**