At Flexcar, we provide customers with the flexibility of having a car of their own without the hassles of traditional car ownership. Convenient and affordable, Flexcar is here to disrupt a multi-billion-dollar industry by providing customers with a better alternative to leasing and ownership. Were rapidly growing and looking for top software talent.
Come and join our eCommerce and Billing teams! You can expect to solve complex problems dealing with distributed, large-scale software systems, powered by AWS and best-in-class libraries, components, and platforms.
What youll do?
- Help design, implement, and deploy services and APIs that enable key business objectives.
- Work collaboratively with product designers, product managers, and other engineers to devise innovative and frugal solutions.
- Dive deep to understand technical and product complexities and simplify them into straightforward and easy-to-maintain software.
- Dont settle for good enough, share and develop best practices with your team and partners.
- Act as a customer advocate and as a leader in everything you do.
What drives success for this role:
- Experience writing code on the JVM platform (Java/Kotlin).
- Exposure to microservices, SQL/NoSQL, and RESTful endpoints.
- Exposure to cloud-based architecture and best practices is preferred.
- Experience with DevOps, CI/CD, SDLC, and testing best practices.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Web services are written in Typescript and JVM languages
- Frameworks: Spring/Boot, Hibernate
- Databases: PostgreSQL
- Messaging systems: Kafka
- AWS infrastructure (e.g., KMS, Parameter Store, S3, RDS, EKS, ECR)
What youll love about being a Flexster in Engineering:
- Youll get to come to work every day knowing that youre contributing to the success of the worlds leading car-sharing network
- You'll be joining a collaborative, diverse, passionate team of Flexsters
- Youll get to work in a flexible work environment that is innovative and resourceful
- At Flexcar, we encourage new tools and ideas- your opinion always matters!
What tops off the tank:
- Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance and other voluntary benefits
- Generous paid time off, including holidays, vacation, personal, sick, volunteer and Parental Leave options
- Tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Community involvement opportunities
Who are we?
Flexcar empowers all walks of life the flexibility to have a car of their own without the hassles of traditional car ownership. Convenient and affordable, Flexcar is here to disrupt a 90 Billion dollar industry by providing customers an alternative to car-sharing, leases, ownership, and car rentals.
Flexcar is rapidly growing and we want you to be a Flexster. Our special team is passionate, kind, collaborative, driven, and all-in on building the next automotive game-changer from the ground-up. This truly is an amazing opportunity to not only contribute your talents as a team-member, but also to help build the future Flexcar.
The extra mile:
We encourage Flexsters to bring their whole selves to work - unique perspectives, personal experiences, backgrounds, and however they identify. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.