Cedar has built a platform that combines data science and machine learning to connect patients with healthcare providers in a way that helps tackle the critical challenges of patient billing and payment. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a rapidly changing environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
The Data Decision team integrates the power of data science and machine learning with our production patient engagements. With the tooling and infrastructure created and managed by this team, we are able to experiment with new innovative ideas in terms of improving our patient experiences as well as adding more values to our clients. We believe this is what sets us apart from our competitors.
We are seeking a Backend Engineer to join the team and build the platform that will help with conducting experiments and making decisions around patient experiences. This role is perfect for the engineer who has a passion for system and application design!
*This is a long term remote optional opportunity.
- Work autonomously and creatively in navigating and overcoming obstacles that you encounter
- Collaborate with the rest of the team as well as other teams in Cedar to bring about technological excellence.
- Tackle complex scalability challenges including optimizing database queries, writing ultra-efficient Golang code, and working with distributed, asynchronous tasks
- Work directly with data scientists in managing and utilizing machine learning models and applying them in production decisions for the patients and clients.
Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of professional backend coding experience
- Familiarity with data structures, relational databases (especially Postgres), cloud infrastructure
- Experience building data pipelines and working with workflow tooling
- Interested in system and application design
- Strong coding and technical architecture skills, with experience shipping production-critical software
- Experience in at least on systems language (Python, Go, Java, C#, Ruby, etc)
- Strong proponent of Unit testing
- Experience with designing relational DB schema and querying it
- Experience with RESTful or gRPC APIs, or at least built web applications and understands the basics of HTTP
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, comfort with ambiguity
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Familiarity with Go internals a plus
- Passionate about Cedars mission of improving the healthcare financial experience
- Eligible to work in the United States
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for Backend Engineer - Data Decision who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa.