Robin builds software for the workplace experience -- a proactive and human-centered approach to office design, technology, and culture to help everyone understand, use, and advance their workplace. Every day we help tens of thousands of people across thousands of organizations to find the right place to do their job effectively, better understand their office, and free up valuable space from abandoned meetings.
After raising $20 million in Series B funding, we've grown quickly (2x in 2019), well continue to expand our platform and are looking for a backend engineer to join the API and service team. From Slack to Alexa Business, this group works on continuously improving how Robin seamlessly integrates with our customer workplace.
Were looking for someone who is excited to build the software that powers the next generation of the workplace. You are a talented problem solver who cares deeply about your customers experience. You are a strong communicator and enjoy collaborating with product management, designers, and your fellow engineers.
You are passionate about best practices, and know how to ensure your product is performant and high quality. Most importantly, you are adept at finding the iterative path forward with any problem, helping your team to build from MVP, to competence, to excellence.
What You'll Do Here
You will work closely with your teammates to find and develop simple and elegant solutions to hard problems. You will improve the codebase and product by identifying best practices and new technologies, and planning how to smoothly integrate them. You will pair up, mentor, share your experience, and learn from your fellow engineers. Youll help lead the backend engineering team to identify and build microservices where needed, test and tune performance, reduce complexity, and work directly with other team members so that they may build the next great feature on our platform.
- 3+/5+/8+ years of experience in Node, PHP, Java, Go or other common server-side languages.
- Knowledge of dev-ops, service-oriented architecture, queues (e.g. Kafka, AWS SQS) and databases.
- Strong understanding of DDD concepts, SOLID principles, and an ability to design and build packages in a modular, scalable way.
- Experience with unit and integration testing frameworks.
- Strong understanding of building and working with REST APIs.
- Experience with SQL based databases and performance tuning.
- Integration with CI/CD pipeline and deployment of applications.
- Experience working with an Agile development team.
- Strong Git experience.
- Docker experience is a plus.
- GraphQL/RPC experience is a plus.
- Medical PPO/HMO, FSA, and Dental Health benefit options through Blue Cross Blue Shield (100% company-funded for individuals and significantly subsidized for families)
- Short and long term disability
- Unlimited PTO (yes, we actually use it)
- Flexible work from home opportunities
- Recognition perks through Blueboard
- Trivia and game nights and other fun team building activities
We Celebrate Diversity
Our favorite thing about Robinauts is that we are all different and bring our unique self, background, and perspectives to work. On our mission to build the best workplace experience software we are also becoming the best workplace we can be by building a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.