Applause’s testing solutions ensure digital quality for websites, mobile apps, IoT products and in-store interactions in a way no other approach can – via its technology platform and managed global community of over 400,000 on-demand digital experience experts.
We are looking for an Automation Engineer to work remotely. The Automation team is one of the more senior teams at Applause, and the role encourages innovative approaches to a dynamic product with a stable core. This role will play an integral part in refining Automation for both Mobile and Web applications.
Responsibilities & day-to-day activities:
· Work in strong agile teams, using modern development methodologies.
- Own automation solutions from a technical perspective for customers to solve their needs
- Collaborate with our Project Manager and our global team of SDETs to build, deploy, and maintain web, mobile web, native mobile and API-based automated tests
- Perform root cause analysis for issues uncovered by test results or escalated by SDETs
- Perform peer code reviews of automated tests to ensure best practices and standards
Required Skills and Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or a related field
- Hands-on experience with Appium for automating apps on iOS & Android as well as Selenium for automating browser-based apps
- 1+ years of experience in software quality assurance, manual testing or a development role
- 1+ years of experience with Java
- 1+ years of experience developing UI automation and/or API testing solutions
- Experience with continuous integration systems
- Responsible, team-oriented, self-starter, proactive with excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with an IDE (e.g. Eclipse, IDEA)
- Experience automating Web Service/API testing
- Experience with an Agile/SCRUM development methodology
- Understanding of Continuous Delivery/Deployment processes
Applause leverages its worldwide community of on-demand digital testing professionals to create curated and vetted testing teams who provide our clients with a full suite of testing and feedback solutions. Our white-glove approach seamlessly integrates with any SDLC process, enabling leading brands across all industries to increase development velocity and deliver high-quality digital experiences to their customers.