At Advisor360, we hire people with all kinds of awesome experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives. We like it that way. So even if you dont meet every single requirement, please consider applying if you like what you see. Though many of our roles are assigned to a particular office location, most are a hybrid of remote and in-person work.
As a Software Engineer, youll be part of a lean Agile team thats on the cutting edge of technology, responsible for developing some of Advisor360s most critical applications. Processing and maintaining data on millions of transactions daily, these are at the heart of what we offer to our advisors and their clients. In addition to having an Agile mindset and a desire to produce great software, youll need a positive attitude and excellent communication skills.
- Collaborate with team members on effective development practices, communicating with tact, professionalism, and an eye toward team progression
- Show an appetite and aptitude for taking responsibility for technical decisions
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, and studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes
- Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade existing systems
- Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements in existing systems and platforms
- Understand how to adapt theory and best practices to fit the needs of the project
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues
- Maintain deep knowledge and understanding of software design patterns and code concepts
- BS or Masters in computer science, computer engineering, electronics, or related field
- Proficiency in SQL and relational databases
- 1+ year of internship experience programming in relevant technologies: C# and MySQL, T-SQL or SQL Server
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Additional skills and knowledge
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure platform a plus
- Knowledge of Jenkins, Selenium, or other test automation software a plus
- Knowledge of unit testing frameworks like xUnit, NUnit, or MSTest
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, Agile/Scrum environment
Were not your typical WealthTech company. Advisor360 was born out of tens of thousands of pieces of feedback received during the past 20 years from the industrys highest-producing financial advisors. Our software is second to none in creating operational efficiencies, unifying all the systems advisors need to run their businesses. Advisor360 launched in April 2019 as a new stand-alone technology company from our sister company, Commonwealth Financial Network, the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviserindependent broker-dealer in the United States. With more than 2,000 independent advisors, Commonwealth is Advisor360s first customer; MassMutual is its second, bringing an additional 9,000 advisors onto the platform.
Come grow with us! Advisor360 is an exciting new venture, combining the nimble and innovative qualities of a start-up with the stability of a mature company. We have a track record of the highest satisfaction ratings by financial advisors in industry-leading publications, as well as a reputation for high workplace quality; for 12 years, as part of the Commonwealth team, we were voted one of the 100 best technology companies to work at by Computerworld. Benefits include a robust bonus plan, PTO, VTO (Volunteer Time Off), free access to vacation homes around the world, 50% 401(k) match, stock appreciation rights, referral bonuses, 80% of HMO premium for individuals and families, life-insurance coverage, short-term and long-term disability coverage, education assistance, flexible spending accounts, and employee assistance programs, just to name a few.
Join us on this journey. We believe that diversity drives innovation and so we are building a company where everyone is truly welcome. Everyone is encouraged to bring their unique, authentic selves to work every day. The way we see it, were here to learn from each other. Are you ready to grow with us?
Advisor360 is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.