Founded in 2016, Better is a digital-first homeownership company whose services included mortgage, real estate, title, and homeowners insurance. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- From its founding in 2016 through 2020, Better funded $30.9B in home loans and provided over $7B in cumulative coverage through Better Cover and Better Settlement Services, the insurance divisions of Better
- Ranked #1 on LinkedIns Top Startups List for 2020 and 2021
- Ranked #2 on Fortune's Best Companies for Millenials 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces for Women 2021
- People Magazine Companies that Care 2021
- Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces 2021
- Top Women Originators 2021
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- Better has raised over $400M in equity capital since inception
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each persons perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe its important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passionfrom employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
Better is a family of companies. Better Mortgage Corporation provides home loans; Better Real Estate, LLC provides real estate services; Better Cover, LLC provides homeowners insurance policies; and Better Settlement Services provides title insurance services.
A Better opportunity:
Our OpCo Recruiting team is looking for an Associate Recruiter to join our growing talent practice focused on building out Sales and Operations production teams across the company. Were in hyper-growth mode so we need someone with the drive and passion to execute day-in and day-out, eager to partner and collaborate with the Recruiting team. This person will be responsible for building pipeline and managing the end to end recruiting process for our blitz production roles. This is an exciting opportunity with substantial uplevel for advancement in recruiting.
Responsibilities will include:
- Own and manage end-to-end recruitment processes for our core blitz production roles and support other non-production roles as needed.
- Develop and utilize innovative sourcing strategies to build diverse talent pipelines of both passive and active candidates
- Screen and assess candidates for values, abilities and skills to ensure were continually increasing our quality of hire
- Participate in on-site blitz interviews as a regular weekly commitment
- Extend offers; negotiate and close to achieve or exceed hiring targets
- Maintain hygiene standards on all recruiting systems and tools. Ensure pipeline metrics and candidate data are 100% accurate.
- Partner with recruiting leadership and rec ops to understand the frontline challenges of blitz; suggest and action on proposed solutions.
- Assist with training and mentorship of future Recruiting Rotational cohorts.
- Own candidate experience -- guide candidates through the process and ensure every experience is positive, timely, memorable and transparent
- Advocate for candidates while balancing business priorities
- Ensuring timely communication and feedback to candidates at each stage of the proces
- 1+ years full cycle recruiting experience owning end to end candidate process and stakeholder relationships
- 1+ years of experience utilizing recruiting tools for sourcing and candidate/applicant management, e.g. LinkedIn Recruiter, CRM and ATS systems, web search, and other sourcing products
- Self-motivated, competitive against your own personal goals
- A go-getter who can self-manage and execute new processes and strategies
- A scrappy & creative thinker; an optimist
- High personal integrity
- Comfortable navigating through ambiguity
- Remarkable organizational skills and relentless drive to improve efficiency
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Thirst for knowledge and high sense of urgency
Better is requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated in order to go into the office. Our priority is first and foremost the safety of our employees and we require COVID-19 vaccination to help ensure their safety in the workplace. Please note that Better will offer a reasonable accommodation process for employees who are not vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do whats in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itselfwe continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Weve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a persons merit, business needs, and role requirements.
California Consumer Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Better is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants or prospective talent (together "job applicants") about the categories of personal information we collect about you and the purposes for which we will use this information. The notice contains disclosures required by the CCPA and applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.