Office Tour Photos
**** Shift available: Sunday to Thursday ****
- Constantly improve the performance and reliability of our hosting platforms
- Ensure customer success by provisioning their hosting environments following Acquia best practices
- Debug intriguing LAMP stack problems
- Work closely with customer support and engineering to deliver second-to-none SaaS and PaaS services
- Maintain and enhance cloud management and monitoring tools
- Participate in an on-call, operations support rotation
- Capacity planning
- Perform work with (internal and external) customer satisfaction in mind, while not compromising the integrity of the work
- Maintain positive and constructive outlook, focus on driving results, finding solutions / breakthroughs to solve problems and challenges. Has a positive influence on peers.
- Participate in on-call rotations, generally once every 2 months for one weekend day
- 0 to 2 years of related experience
- Passion for web site configuration, tuning and troubleshooting
- Deep, working knowledge of web, database, and OS server configuration (Linux, Apache, and MySQL preferred platforms)
- Holistic understanding of the Internet and hosting from the network layer up through the application layer.
- Experience in a 24x7 hosting environment
- Experience with monitoring tools, scripting, and internet security
- Respond positively to opportunities to be involved in brainstorming and iterative work. Handle times of change in a way that drives innovation and iteration.Consistently follow up to take actions to meet committed deliverables. Keeping commitments is a symbol of honor. Doesnt make excuses. Hold oneself accountable.
- Flexible: Demonstrates flexibility to the needs of the business.
- Positive, solution orientated: Gives their best and maintains a positive outlook.
- Collaborative: Works in collaborative and supportive manner.
- Good sense of humor
- Cloud hosting experience (e.g., Amazon Web Services, Eucalyptus, OpenStack, CloudStack)
- Monitoring tools (e.g., Nagios, Cacti, Ganglia, Splunk, Sensu, BMC, OpenView)
- Configuration management (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Subversion, Git)
- Scripting experience with PHP, Perl, Python, or Ruby
- Web security (e.g., IDS systems, DOS prevention)
- Scalable hosting cluster experience (e.g., nginx, Varnish, GlusterFS, etc.)
- Drupal experience
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
More Jobs From