The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
As a member of Finance Operations, this individual will be responsible for supervising a team of two Accounting Specialists responsible for the Accounts Receivable functions of all operating units ensuring the quality and accuracy of the work performed. This includes overseeing the processing of daily cash received in the various bank accounts, the balancing of cash to the banks, reconciliation and maintenance of all spreadsheets as well as processing all credit memo and receivable adjustments. He/She will be responsible for the Accounts Receivable month end close processes for twenty-two operating units ensuring month/quarter close deadlines are met. The individual will be accountable for compiling and the reconciliation of the various month end reports utilized by Accountants and Management. He/She will work closely with the Collectors and others within the organization providing support to research and resolve issues.
- Supervise a staff of two Accounting Specialists
- Manage the processing of daily cash received in the various bank accounts for all operating units.
- Reconcile daily cash receipts to banks.
- Process the AR to General Ledger transfers weekly and to meet month end close.
- Month end reconciliation of cash received to system of record, including intercompany transactions.
- Manage yearly unclaimed property process including distributing letters.
- Generate, compile and reconcile month end reports.
- Provide analysis of receivable data to Accountants (early cash, supersedes, sub ledger balancing, etc.)
- Open/Close receivable periods in Oracle.
- Process all credit memos and receivable adjustments ensuring correctness and to meet corporate close deadlines.
- Participate in system testing
- Research and resolve queries from internal and external clients regarding receivable transactions.
- Carry out SOX audit testing
- Participate in other projects and assignments as required.
What You'll Need
- College Degree preferred (Associates or Bachelors)
- Minimum of four years of receivable experience required
- Knowledge of Oracle receivables or other ERP system required.
- Proven ability to work well with people and to interpret business requirements
- Exceptional time management, organizational and analytical skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Professional tools, with emphasis on Excel including ability to perform PIVOT tables, V-Lookup and other Excel functions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills