Imagine the future you could help us build.
Teamwork, not just tech work. We are tech futurists and business geniuses. Together, we solve problems to make daily life easier. We are looking for a few more great minds to join our team as we continue to grow one of the world's leading consumer robot companies.
Together, we empower people to do more.
We’re looking for a highly talented Industrial Designer to join our User Experience team at iRobot.
As a junior industrial designer, you will be responsible for execution of a product in all its details that are directly related to what the customer sees and experiences.
This role requires balancing a deep sense of collaboration & communication, with an eye for design details, quality, and a desire to deliver the ‘right product’. A Junior Industrial Designer is expected to work cross functionally with other industrial designers, UX/UI designers, engineers, researchers, visual designers, and manufacturing partners to help deliver the highest quality experience and design possible while ensuring that design integrity is maintained from concept to mass production. This is an exciting time and we are relatively new team of skilled designers and researchers in the process of building a world-class internal design competency.
Skills you will need
- A Bachelor’s degree in industrial design or similar.
- High level of understanding of form, function, visual composition, and conceptual integrity.
- The ability to communicate design concepts through hand sketches, mock-ups, and models; from 3D prints to full appearance models to early prototypes.
- Eye for clean, visually impactful designs that are current and fresh.
- A great sensitivity to color, aesthetics, and materiality, and the ability to translate trends into compelling products.
- A high level of knowledge in manufacturing methods and ability to use this knowledge as a creative asset rather than limitation
- Highly proficient in CAD (Rhino, Pro-E, SolidWorks) and visualization tools (Creative Suite), and expertly use this to gain alignment with engineering and product stakeholders
- Highly proficient in a 3D rendering program – Keyshot or similar.
- Highly proficient in the use of Adobe Creative Suite
- You are self-driven but collaborate well within the team as well as engineering and marketing
- Your design approach is inspired by the user, and you can work closely with User Research to inform and validate design work
- Highly organized and ability to prioritize deadlines/deliverables with understanding of schedule impacts
- The ability to take feedback with open minded and do the same thing to people. You are ambitious and focused but you don’t forget to have fun.
- You proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
More Jobs From