America's Test Kitchen is seeking an Associate Front End Developer responsible for working within react based application efforts by building and maintaining web-based applications that integrate with a variety of APIs. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and building quality products is essential.
Our ideal candidate has 1+ years of ES6, Node, and React experience in a production environment. Additionally loves to continuously learn and apply new technology to interesting challenges.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable React & Node code
- Understanding of the nuances associated with using hooks and memoization in a react codebase
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Work with 3rd party applications and vendors
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
- Work closely with QA, Product, Marketing, and Design team members to iteratively improve upon key aspects of our business
- Good understanding of the syntax of ES6, Node, and React along with their nuances
- Solid understanding of Styled Components
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- Strong background in working with APIs both as the client and the service
- Experience with popular front end web application frameworks
- A knack for writing clean, readable code
- Experience with both external and embedded databases (Postgres, Redis, etc)
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (ex. Git, Mercurial, or SVN)
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative, remote team environment (we spend a lot of time on Google Meet/Hangouts and Slack screen sharing)
- Bonus points: Experience with GraphQL, NGINX, Heroku, and Algolia
We are a largely remote team that also leaves the door open at our beautiful space in the Seaport District, should you be looking for a change in workplace scenery.
Hard work and a love for your craft are paired with:
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent work-life balance
- Strong mostly-remote engineering team with lots of experience and tenure at ATK
- An open mind towards new and emerging technologies
- A lot of free cookbooks
- Not to mention, an impressive collection of custom slack emojis
Why Americas Test Kitchen:
We're passionate about cooking, and about creating the best place to work. We're small enough for your ideas to make a big impact, and large enough to offer you opportunities to grow professionally at any stage of your career. We want you to take risks and make mistakes that's how innovation happens in our test kitchen, in our offices, and in life.
We at Americas Test Kitchen believe food media can be a powerful force for social change. We are passionate about building an inclusive workforce that represents many different cultures, backgrounds, abilities, identities, and perspectives.
We welcome your application.
ATK considers the safety of its employees and the community a top priority. As part of this commitment, ATK requires all new and existing employees who will be on site or who will engage in any work-related travel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they obtain prior approval for an accommodation for medical reasons or due to a sincerely held religious belief, or are otherwise exempt from this requirement due to applicable state or local law. Qualified candidates who are offered the opportunity to join ATK will be required to comply with this policy and will be asked to provide proof of their vaccination status prior to the first day of work.
Individuals who need additional information concerning ATKs vaccination policy or its process for requesting an accommodation should contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected].