We are looking for a senior lawyer to support our rapidly growing global business. Youll be an integral part of our small legal team and a true generalist with broad responsibilities, owning and driving elements of our roadmap and directly supporting the business on highly collaborative, cross-functional projects of all shapes and sizes. Principal duties include providing ongoing legal counseling in a wide range of legal areas, supporting cross-functional strategic initiatives, serving as lead counsel for transactional matters, providing day-to-day input on risk, strategy and legal operations, advising on the launch of new products, features or services, managing global governance requirements, supporting our international expansion efforts and structuring, drafting and negotiating commercial transactions.
A successful candidate will have a strong transactional background and be hard-working, proactive, entrepreneurial and able to build consensus and apply sound, pragmatic judgment in ambiguous situations.
What You'll Do
- Partner closely with stakeholders and the broader legal team to service and support internal legal requests and organizational initiatives.
- Develop strategies for handling complex, high-visibility problems in creative, business-centric ways and leverage resources and technology to build processes that address risk and enable fast and flexible growth for the company.
- Learn our business and industry, and develop and deploy a calibrated risk-based approach to complex and often uncertain legal issues.
- Play a leadership role in our organization; driving change, mentoring and coaching others, fostering inclusivity and influencing the broader business.
- Select and manage outside counsel where needed; hold external advisors to a high bar and act as the bridge between outside counsel and our internal teams to drive cost-effective and business-oriented solutions.
What You'll Need
- 7+ years of legal experience; preferably including both law firm and in-house experience.
- J.D. with top academic credentials and membership with at least one state bar.
- Excellent analytical, writing and communication skills.
- Experience managing and executing large projects end-to-end including project management, data gathering, modeling, problem-solving and communicating recommendations.
- Willingness to master new and unfamiliar areas of practice. Legal knowledge related to any of the following is a plus: e-commerce, commercial contracts, M&A, international expansion, data privacy, competition/antitrust, and consumer legal issues.
- Highly effective, business-friendly and persuasive communication skills including excellent negotiation and relationship-building skills. Senior presence; able to serve as a thought partner to a broad range of senior leaders and functions to achieve objectives.
- Embraces challenging situations with a solutions-oriented mindset; able to quickly build trust with stakeholders.
- Organized and able to prioritize, multi-task, meet deadlines and maintain flexibility in a fast-paced, ambiguous and changing environment.
- Self-motivated to seek out challenges and tenacious in pursuit of excellent outcomes; willing to roll-up sleeves, pitch-in and tackle problems of all shapes and sizes.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.