Chewy is looking for an Associate Director, Promotions to join our team. We are looking for a leader and owner, who will partner with senior leaders cross-functionally to develop and lead the promotions strategy for Chewy. You will have the opportunity to formulate and execute on a promotions framework that streamlines the end-to-end promotion process including defining and measuring success metrics. A successful leader has a passion for solving complex problems, ability to work with internal and external partners, ability to influence senior executives and has proven ability to deliver large scale programs.
The ideal candidate will have keen business judgment and ability to define and prioritize business requirements for product/tech teams and other partners. The leader should have experience with business strategy, operations, and building high-performing organizations. The position requires an individual who is adept at problem solving independently while also demonstrating collaboration and resolving conflicting priorities. The role provides broad exposure to the strategy, operations, and leaders and will be an entrepreneurial, career-defining role as Chewy grows.
What Youll Do:
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners across businesses to build and execute the strategic approach to deliver promotional/customer objectives.
- Build frameworks and models that help develop and execute overall promotions strategy to drive long-term free cash flow.
- Identify and manage team priorities that align with Chewys overall objectives
- Develop new processes and tools to improve transparency and communication across teams and to scale the business.
- Organize and prioritize critical issues and information for senior leadership (stakeholders and executives, including C-Suite) to facilitate effective decision-making.
- Partner with the Analytics team to develop business insights and drive data-driven decision making.
- Assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, balance the Customers needs versus technical constraints and encourage risk-taking behavior to maximize benefit.
- Develop and manage key business metrics and financials for promotions and be accountable for delivering against established business goals/objectives.
- Work in conjunction with the Business leaders to develop goals for the team
- Create a high-performing culture by driving collaborative working relationships with stakeholders internally and externally while holding partners accountable to a high bar.
What Youll Need:
- MBA or equivalent Masters degree in General Business Management, Finance or Operations.
- 10+ years of program leadership and program management experience (preferred in e-commerce or Retail)
- 5+ years of experience leading large-scale programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels including with senior executives
- Proven command of process, management, and finance in support of strategic and innovation projects
- Ability to operate in an ambiguous environment and solve complex problems.
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail
- Can anticipate and avert problems
- Motivated self-starter; finding opportunities for improvement and assuming responsibility
- Collaborative individual with the ability to work well with diverse groups
- Experience extracting and manipulating large data sets with SQL
- Previous experience with Tableau
- E-commerce background is a plus
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected].