About the Team:
The Scribe team operates a data platform that enables teams to create new events and publish them from virtually any application. Scribe data powers real-time applications such as notifications, personalization, and core top-of-funnel systems like bidding and retargeting. Scribe events are also stored in Wayfairs data lake to power analytics, machine learning, and a variety of other batch use cases. In addition, the team operates Scribe Foundation, a customizable dataset generator that provides a standardized means for cleansing, combining, aggregating, and republishing event data.
About the Role:
The need for more high-quality data across Wayfair continues to grow rapidly, and the Scribe platform is positioned to fill this critical demand. Define the vision for this central nervous system of data, working with Product and Engineering leaders across numerous domains to identify gaps and opportunities. Coach a team of product managers and work closely with Engineering partners to implement robust prioritization, planning, and communication processes across multiple sprint teams.
What Youll Do:
As a product manager for the Scribe team, your job is to deeply understand how data moves around Wayfair, and distill that understanding into concepts and strategies that form the bedrock of Scribes long-term product vision. Work with Engineering to pressure-test, prioritize, and execute against the platform roadmap.
As a data leader within the broader organization, your job is to drive continuously increasing data quality and availability across Wayfair. Gain a deep understanding of stakeholder objectives, success stories, and pain points and help guide them toward strategies that leverage Scribe and encourage best practices for data publication and management. Be an evangelist for data as a product thinking.
- Define and communicate short-term and long-term roadmaps for the Scribe platform.
- Lead a team of product managers and multiple sprint teams in the execution against the Scribe platform roadmap.
- Identify high-value opportunities across Wayfair that can benefit from leveraging Scribe, and work with partner teams to enable and prioritize solutions.
- Proactively engage stakeholders across the organization to identify opportunities to improve data quality and availability.
- Proactively engage stakeholders to continue to Scribes position within the broader ecosystem of data platforms and tools at Wayfair.
- Manage communications across a broad and diverse set of platform stakeholders.
- 7+ years Product Management experience, with a focus on data platforms
- Ability to develop and structure clear product hypotheses within a large and ambiguous problem space.
- A nuanced understanding of what makes data good or bad for a variety of use cases and stakeholders.
- Familiarity with big data technologies such as Kafka, Flink, Spark, and various data storage technologies.
- Proven analytical / quantitative analysis skills, especially when working with big data.
- Strong written and verbal communication and a demonstrated ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Consistent attention to detail that makes your product stand out to users.
- Positive, people-oriented and energetic.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.