Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
As a leader on the hardware product management team, you will be challenged to lead meaningful projects that will help craft the future of the company while coaching & developing product managers who own specialized domains and roadmaps. You will interface with other Toast teams across Product, Engineering, UX, Marketing, Sales, Finance, Operations and Customer Success to build and shape innovative products while articulating the product vision and strategy to ensure the roadmaps reflect this. You will be responsible for Managing vendors around the world to deliver on plan. You will have the opportunity to interface with our restaurant customers (CIOs, CTOs, CMOs, managers and employees) directly to get feedback on product enhancements, issues and usability in order to inspire and inform how Toast can creatively overcome challenges to get your product to market faster.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Multiple years of product management experience (including some years at a principal or leadership level)
- A track record of success (and enjoyment) in people leadership, building high performing product management teams, and developing exceptional talent
- Strong understanding of hardware product development processes, from market research, user study, design, prototyping, production and post production quality support
- Experience building strategic partnerships with hardware vendors and suppliers
- Proven experience in bridging the technical and business sides of hardware projects, including the desire to lead through collaboration
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to demonstrate ideas visually
- Proven time management, prioritization and organizational skills (must be able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines)
- Experience in user experience design and research is a plus
- Experience in data mining and/or querying skills is a plus
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.