Office Tour Photos
Ad Tech & Customer Intelligence Engineering (ATCIE) builds products that let Wayfair communicate with new and existing customers effectively across advertising, email, and onsite touch-points. ATCIE is at the intersection of product, marketing, data science and technology which allows us to be a leader in the Ad Technology space. Within ATCIE, Wayfairs Personalization and Recommendations team provides highly leveraged and centralized services for recommending the best products and messages for our customers across all touch-points, including our Storefront experience and our marketing channels. Our recommendations systems leverage Wayfairs extensive customer and product data to deliver trusted and valuable recommendations in real time using custom machine learning models. We serve approximately 5 million recommendations per minute. We provide not only an essential service for the company, but also serve as a key lever for growth and customer value.
Were looking for an experienced engineering leader to join us, lead and develop our engineering team, own and evolve our core recommendation platforms, and partner with business and product leadership to drive company growth and customer value. Our team is intensely collaborative. We work with business analysts, data scientists, and product managers. We leverage a variety of technologies, including Java, Python, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Aerospike, and Airflow.
What Youll Do
- Own the core platforms that drive model driven personalization and recommendations across Wayfair, responsible for the technical vision and architecture of those platforms
- Identify new work-streams and capabilities to develop
- Drive concrete business outcomes that deliver substantial company growth
- Manage a team of engineers, serving as a leader of leaders providing support and career growth while also attracting new talent
- Drive improvements in team productivity and process
What Youll Need
- 10+ years industry experience with at least 8 years in a software engineering leadership role
- Prior experience leading highly functional software engineering teams of 20+
- Experience hiring, evaluating, and developing engineering talent
- Demonstrated ability to make and execute platform level technical decisions
- Experience with scaling distributed systems, high volume data processing systems, and productionalizing ML models for real time decisions
- A history of strong partnerships with product management
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other senior leaders across the organization
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From