Associate Director, Operations Performance Management
The Operations Performance Management (OPM) team is a central function spanning the entirety of Operations at Wayfair Globally. OPM is responsible for the process, structure, and alignment of performance management for more than 10,000 people. This function sits under the COO to ensure that there is standardization across all departments in reporting (dashboards), KPIs and Target setting as well as making sure that all business teams are prioritizing the right KPIs to overall improve Wayfairs operational performance. This team has a vast span of control as well as visibility across Operations and gives the opportunity to have large and measurable impact from day 1.
What Youll Do
- Lead a centralized business analytics and project management team and act as a key leader in the global Operations Organisation
- Collaborate with C-suite and senior leaders on their goals, KPI Definitions, targets and performance looking 1-2 years into the future
- Answer business-critical questions with analysis that end up in front of the COO and Wayfair Board of Directors
- Support the road-map and planning process of a 30+ Data Analytics team dedicated to building top-notch performance management reporting and tooling
- Own, manage and apply continuous improvement principles to the performance management process across Operations as well as the Tooling & Reporting Landscape
- Orchestrate and engage in KPI alignment discussions with senior management across Ops, steering and guiding teams on what they should be measuring
- Implement standardization and best-practice across a central Business Intelligence team, including look-and-feel of reports, road mapping, change management etc.
- Define and improve key-stone performance metrics which span the breadth of Operations
- Get hands-on with data: running a variety of specialty analytics projects spanning from adhoc to 6+ months focused on gaining insights into improvement opportunities within Supply Chain and Operations
What Youll Need
- Bachelors degree; MBA or MS preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with experience presenting to C-suite and managing 15+ senior stakeholders simultaneously
- Experience with large-scale organizational change management, implementing processes and structure to be followed by tens to hundreds of people, with strong project-management skills
- Experience managing and building relationships at executive level and cross functionally
- Solution-oriented & curious intellectual mindset- We provide fast results, we scope projects and we are always learning
- Experience working alongside and collaborating with Data Analytics/Engineering teams
- Experience in an analytics, business intelligence, data science or technical role performing quantitative analysis preferred:
- SQL/Big Query and programming experience with at least one language such as Python, Scala, Java, C++ highly desired.
- An inquisitive mind, strong analytical skills, and experience in delivering and transforming organizational processes
- A natural ability to work cross functionally, and build strong relationships with operational stakeholders, in a dynamic and fast paced environment
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.