Who We Are:
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique perspective and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
We are looking for a passionate, experienced HR leader to serve as a change agent in our B2B Media practice.
As the Associate Director of Human Resources you will mainly be responsible for advising senior leaders on aligning their organization and talent; developing and implementing forward-thinking strategy; strengthening new hire onboarding experiences; and finding new ways to build a diverse, equitable organization full of fulfilled, engaged employees.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate agility and flexibility in their approach, possessing the ability to diagnose complex issues, recommend solutions, and engage the appropriate resources to provide HR services that support business goals. In return well give you an amazing employee experience, with great benefits and perks, working with interesting, driven, smart people who drive hard for results.
What You Will Do:
- Become the trusted partner, credible activist and HR strategist to the VP, GM of Media.
- Consistently delivery strategic value by deeply understanding the business and using data driven decision-making to establish a set of people and organization solutions that will help enable the business in achieving the strategy and delivering results.
- Work with key leaders of the Media Leadership Team to maintain and develop TripAdvisors strong culture, driving a high level of engagement throughout the organization and ensure TripAdvisors core values are implemented throughout the organization.
- Consistently deliver strategic value to the business by decision making around people and organization, and provide proactive, data drive business solutions
- Build relationships and leverage HR partners in Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Benefits, Leadership and Organization Development, and other groups within the HR and across the broader TripAdvisor organization
- Work with senior leaders and their teams to lead long-term organization and workforce planning, helping the team scale the organizational structure to support a growing global business.
- Work in collaboration with TripAdvisors Global People Operations team to deploy enterprise-wide initiatives across the B2B Business.
- Partner, consult, and provide proactive solutions to senior executives on all talent and HR issues including retention, performance and communications.
- Drive an ongoing talent management process with continuity and clear accountabilities and action items resulting in strong succession plans for the organization and development plans for individuals.
- Partner with talent acquisition to drive the overall talent strategy to both support current hiring objectives, and anticipate the hiring needs of this dynamic business.
- Coach and mentor individuals throughout the global organization, with a focus on leadership development and coaching. Deliver appropriate coaching and development feedback to individuals and teams.
- Work closely with TripAdvisors Leadership and Organizational Development team to develop solutions that will enable development of our employees and the business.
- Manage complex employee relations matters demonstrating exceptional judgment and professionalism.
- Leverage technical expertise on a variety of topics including, but not limited to, compensation practices including salary and stock ranges, performance review processes, performance rating process and promotions.
What We Seek:
- 8+ years of global HR experience
- Experience leading large scale, global transformation initiatives
- Demonstrated project management/change management skills
- Strong employee relations skills
- Comfortable operating in a matrix and constantly changing environment
- Exceptional consulting, coaching and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and deal with ambiguity
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to have fun in a team setting
- BA/BS degree with emphasis in HR or equivalent
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following behaviors:
- A role model in regards to mutual respect, trust and candor.
- Energetic, passionate and engaging individual with great motivation and inspiration.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and respect with confidence, maturity and professionalism.
- Intellectually curious with a deep interest to understand the business.
- Lifelong learner who grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback; pursues self-development
- Strong analytical skills. Understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role.
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information.
- Influencer through clear communication with expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner.
- Flexible and open-minded; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly.
- Resilient. Quickly recovers from setbacks and failures and moves forward.
- Exceptional judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision.
- Excellent prioritization, organization and execution skills.
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Accountable, reliable and dependable. Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively.