Office Tour Photos
Chewy is looking for an Associate Director, Finance to join our Finance Team based in Boston, MA. This is a critical leadership position on the team where you will be partnering with our leaders in their services vertical to drive business results, lead budgeting, forecasting, and all business performance reporting. You will lead the budgeting and forecasting process for the services and new verticals organization - inclusive of the annual planning process, interim forecasts, and own internal management and Board reporting. You will need strong analytical and system skills in this role. You have the ability to understand the Companys financial model and strategic goals, while also being very detail oriented. You have experience analyzing and evaluating new business opportunities in e-commerce, and/or technology business. You will work alongside many key business partners and work cross-functionally to drive analysis and insights. The Associate Director of Finance position will work closely with and report to the Director of Finance, driving continuous improvements to the companys forecasting, budgeting and reporting processes.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with the Services team to develop marketing and revenue forecasts
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis and scenario modeling to drive decision-making
- Manage and track financial performance against KPIs, seasonal financial plans, and annual budget
- Identify and quantify risk or upside due to business environment and provide solutions
- Lead weekly and monthly business review presentations from a financial perspective, recapping results vs. plan and forecast for management meetings
- Lead special projects as needed to provide analytical and decision support on new initiatives
- Support the overall product development from initial product inception to product launch and beyond
- Partner with various teams throughout the organization (marketing, product, tech) to develop financial models and P&Ls for business concepts, products, services, and external partnerships.
- Drive continuous improvements in profitability, free cash flow and operational efficiency
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical and process constraints
- Create, maintain, and disseminate project status, roadmaps, and documentation to stakeholders
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, and commitment across multiple groups with competing priorities.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelors degree
- 7+ years related experience
- MBA from a highly regarded business school is preferred
- Results-oriented, highly energetic, dynamic individual with hands-on mentality
- Advanced analytical skills and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture
- Strong skills in accessing and using analytical tools, advanced computer literacy
- Passion for startups, understanding of how startups operate
- Industry experience in partnering with services and product development organizations
- Technology experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to deal with adversity and rapidly changing operating conditions while still delivering to expectations
- Position may require travel
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected].
More Jobs From