Were looking for
The Boutiques Associate Designer is responsible for designing and developing digital and print assets to support the Rue La La team.
What youll accomplish
- With the guidance of the Creative Lead, design a variety of assets for Boutiques, Marketing, and Acquisitions, including Boutique Main doors, advertising assets, and internal creative needs, from conceptualization through final approval
- Work collaboratively and constructively on each project with other members on the team including Copywriters, Marketing Managers, Art Directors, Designers, and Brand Operations
- Execute on-brand design demonstrating considered layout, image composition, typography, and a sophisticated use of color palette.
- Create designs that reflect the current creative direction, as established by the Executive Creative Director
- Develop designs in a fast-paced environment without compromising quality
- Shift priorities to meet deadlines based on changing calendars
- Contribute regularly to swipe libraries
- Gain exposure to a variety of beautiful imagery
- Be an integral, contributing part of a tight-knit Creative team
- Work directly with business partners
- Opportunity to directly affect the business
THE RIGHT FIT:
- The foundational training to create refined designs with a focus on layout, image composition, and typography
- Exceptional skills with imaging applications such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign
- Strong time management skills with the ability to balance multiple small projects and deadlines
- Experience creating and optimizing graphics for the web
- Strong self-motivation and drive to succeed
- Excellent attention to detail
- Great, positive attitude we are a highly collaborative and collegial team.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience as a junior designer or as a designer in an agency or in-house creative group.
- Desire to learn new things and keep abreast of the world of fashion, style, design, retailing and ecommerce.
- A strong portfolio showing training and potential
- BA in Graphic Design with educational training in typography or related field
Bonus points for
- Skills and experience with video applications such as Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects are a plus
- Any photography Art Direction experience
ABOUT THE CREATIVE TEAM:
A brand is not a brand without its identity. Thats where this department with its consistent design and voice comes in. Whether its the line of copy that made you laugh out loud or the thoughtful pairing of design and photography, its just the beginning with this group.
Rue Gilt Groupe combines world-class merchandising, technology and marketing to create the most engaging and satisfying online shopping experience available. Each day, 35+ million loyal Members turn to Rue La La and Gilt for everything from women, men and children's apparel and accessories to home dcor and exclusive experiences. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping in a way that not only strategically supports our brand partners, but also inspires our Members daily.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other