About the Role
In this role, the Associate Customer Success Manager (ACSM) has a strong focus on clients, their email programs, and how to troubleshoot any issues they are having with email deliverability, based on the data and tools customers have available to them through Validitys Everest platform.
The ACSM is responsible for delivering ongoing proactive and reactive support to our pooled customer base. Pooled refers to the customers who do not receive a dedicated Customer Support Manager for general product and support inquiries, but instead have their requests managed through a team of Associate Success Managers via a queue. In addition to managing a queue of incoming requests, ACSMs are also responsible for delivering proactive outreach to the pooled customer base, ensuring timely, relevant, and meaningful information is shared that will improve customer adoption, retention, and the overall customer experience.
Each day will vary but an ACSM can expect a typical day to consist of managing the incoming customer request queue alongside other ACSMs, providing general guidance and instructions to customers, problem-solving customer issues, migrating customers to our new Everest Platform, and proactively reaching out to customers with relevant content and periodic check-ins.
The Associate Customer Success Manager reports to the Director of Customer Success, Pooled Account Team. The ACSM works very closely within their Pooled CSM team to manage the queue of customer inquiries focused on resolving customer requests as quickly as possible and delivering an exceptional customer experience. The ACSM also works very closely with the Customer Support team in transferring queries to them which require more technical support and vice versa. The ACSMs also work alongside Dedicated CSMs (who own 1:1 customer relationships) for sharing best practices but also to ensure smooth handover of customers moving across dedicated/pooled as well as with the team responsible for onboarding new customers.
We are looking for a candidate who is positive, driven, and has a customer-first mentality. The candidate must be an exceptional team player, as this teams success requires an equally distributed workload across the team, with efficient execution of customer queries while maintaining high service standards and customer satisfaction. This individual is someone who works well with others, has a get the job done mentality, and can contribute his/her own expertise in Email and/or customer success to ensure high levels of adoption and customer retention.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to incoming customer requests and questions, via email, tickets, chat, and calls
- Follow up on all actions agreed with the customer promptly
- Coordinate internal support from various teams to deliver for the customer
- Effectively manage customer inquiries that are outside of team scope, ensuring properly routed to the right team and issue addressed in a timely manner, ultimately owning customer interaction and resolution
- Proactively schedule quarterly check-ins with an assigned group of customers, conducting client meetings to communicate best practices, successes, and data results.
- Proactive outreach at scale Help produce and execute a proactive communication plan to customers with reasons to call topics that represent specific trends, new/changing requirements, promote new features or address recurring challenges to ensure the outreach is meaningful and customers derive value
- Proactive outreach relevance - Work to understand how our products best support customers depending on their organizational structure, business model, and email and data goals in order to provide quick and efficient guidance and recommendations to effectively use the Validity tools and solutions at scale
- Understand and demo new product releases/features to customers
- Assist with conducting platform migrations from legacy platform to new Everest platform for email customers
- Onboard customers successfully post-sale, and work with recently closed accounts during the rollout process
- Installing in Production
- Activating licenses
- Set up proper application permissions
- Provide customers with metrics to showcase value over time
- Record all contact with customers in Salesforce
- Work with product and executives to participate in strategic conversations with key customers and translate outcomes into action plans
- Ensure stickiness by ensuring the product is used to its fullest capacity and new use cases are identified
- Advocate for our top customer requests to our product team.
- Work closely with Sales, Support, Marketing, Product, and Executive teams as the internal champion for customers
Required Experience, Skills, and Education
- 1-2 years in a customer service/support role, managing customer inquiries in a fast-paced environment with a large software customer base. Excellent communication skills and presentation skills
- Sales acumen to work closely with account executives to support upsell efforts
- Ability to conduct business analysis and ask questions that reveal answers on how to adapt offerings to meet customer needs
- Ability to build rapport quickly and build strong and productive working relationships
- Strong organizational skills and/or project management experience ability to manage post-sale implementations, create and execute post-sale meeting cadence with customers to monitor rollout success, help set customer expectations, report on issues, and help mitigate risks in implementations
- Be self-motivated and success-driven
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education
- Bachelors degree or equivalent years of relevant experience
- Email Deliverability experience a plus
- Salesforce configuration or technical background a plus
- Paid Holidays
- Unlimited PTO
- Parental Leave
Pay: $55,000 plus up to 10% bonus opportunity, and stock options.
Final salary may vary depending on skills, location, and/or experience.